Golden Lion south hylton

Check out the number of pubs.

Aye, 23 FFS, not all open at the same moment in time it says, what about the fire it mentions at the George and Dragon – which is appropriate to this thread, it also says that the George and Dragon was 100 yards from the ferry landing, so not far from the Golden lion.

How would you know this? You admitted in an earlier post you have not been back to the village for 25 years
Just because I haven't been there certainly doesn't mean I am not in regular contact with old friends from the village,and neither does it mean I don't have family still up there.

Just because I haven't been there certainly doesn't mean I am not in regular contact with old friends from the village,and neither does it mean I don't have family still up there.

Thought as much, working on here say and other people’s comments. Maybe if you took time out to visit the two places you are being derogatory about you may have a different outlook

Thought as much, working on here say and other people’s comments. Maybe if you took time out to visit the two places you are being derogatory about you may have a different outlook
Not derogatory at all,but the potters was always one of those insular pubs back then anyway,thats why I said "older" population.

Not derogatory at all,but the potters was always one of those insular pubs back then anyway,thats why I said "older" population.

But was that not 25 years ago? As I said earlier if you took time out to visit the club and the Potters you may have a different outlook on both places

Yes it was 25 years ago,but I cant remember even mentioning the club?

Apologies from my side, I assumed you meant the club when you said the other 50% as someone else mentioned they were only two places open in village. Regardless, how can you comment on a place you have never seen for a quarter of a century?

I have followed your posts and you are a South Hylton lad that’s done well and I love nothing better than hearing things like this. It was never the best place to be brought up and will always have its problems but please don’t judge the Potters on things you are being told about from other people

Apologies from my side, I assumed you meant the club when you said the other 50% as someone else mentioned they were only two places open in village. Regardless, how can you comment on a place you have never seen for a quarter of a century?

I have followed your posts and you are a South Hylton lad that’s done well and I love nothing better than hearing things like this. It was never the best place to be brought up and will always have its problems but please don’t judge the Potters on things you are being told about from other people
I was actually brought up in the worst part of the village but always have fond memories of it,my old street is long gone sadly as I would like to have walked down it one more time just to put the ghosts to rest.

The Potters and The Railway/Hycroft were canny boozers back in the day.

Ha Ha! Remember having this conversation with you and Deano before the play off final.
We always called it the village of the damned. One road in, no way out.

Tongue in cheek like.

Ha Ha! Remember me and Deano having this conversation with you before play off final. The Doggers and Pennywellers always had a difference of opinion
I was actually brought up in the worst part of the village but always have fond memories of it,my old street is long gone sadly as I would like to have walked down it one more time just to put the ghosts to rest.

Me as well and I bet we probably know each other and sorry if I have been a little precious but like yourself I have lived away from the place longer than you but still get up for all the home games which invariably means I end up back in the village.

Last edited:
Lived down here for nearly 2 years now and haven't been in yet.

Nor have I wanted to :lol:
I've lived in the village all my life, as did my Dad and his Dad before him.

I've never been in the Potters for about 15 years but I used to go in in my youth. Prefer the Club these days.
The Oval?

I've lived in the village all my life, as did my Dad and his Dad before him.
My grandparents lived there from 1894 and to 2007 (different sides of the family, my Dads parents were much older than my Mam’s). We left in 1970 but for the last 15 years my Mam was seeing Lynn Jolly - they both died in the last year.

I still have a walk around whenever I’m over fromTX

Back