Golden Girls

Go for it, lad. :lol:

I guess what I'm getting at is this. We have perhaps an underground culture of 'social hijackers'.

I'm sure most of the BLM activists are positive, sensible, logical, rational, educated folk with common sense. They genuinely believe blacks ought to get a better deal in life and ought to have better equality. But is this a sign of such a person? No.

I believe the people who believe wearing a mud face mask is racist have hijacked the BLM movement. They are devoid of everything the positive activists have. The polar opposite. They can't possibly claim to be one of the activists who do things properly and by the book with logic and common sense. Such folk don't do that.

These hijackers have taken over the campaign and have used it to spread what is almost verging on confusion and chaos. Nobody can do a single innocent thing without these idiots saying it's racist and giving some half baked reason why.

Get rid of these people please.

I guess what I'm getting at is this. We have perhaps an underground culture of 'social hijackers'.

I'm sure most of the BLM activists are positive, sensible, logical, rational, educated folk with common sense. They genuinely believe blacks ought to get a better deal in life and ought to have better equality. But is this a sign of such a person? No.

I believe the people who believe wearing a mud face mask is racist have hijacked the BLM movement. They are devoid of everything the positive activists have. The polar opposite. They can't possibly claim to be one of the activists who do things properly and by the book with logic and common sense. Such folk don't do that.

These hijackers have taken over the campaign and have used it to spread what is almost verging on confusion and chaos. Nobody can do a single innocent thing without these idiots saying it's racist and giving some half baked reason why.

Get rid of these people please.
That's more like the rambling nonsense we know and love!

That's more like the rambling nonsense we know and love!

Rambling?! I put much thought in to every word. So hard I tried to make a reasoned case. A case that made sense that people could understand and even perhaps see a point in.

I'm sorry but you honestly think that after putting so much heart into it I'm prepared to let people piss all ower it?

I think I made a very valid point. Much like the idiots who sprayed 'racist' over Winston Churchill's statue or that idiot who tried to burn the Union flag, the people who trawl through years of TV film looking for anything that looks like it could be construed as racist have no place in the BLM movement and clearly are not connected to it.
See now I might be missing something in the references but it seems like a parody of the racism black people suffered in those days.

More like the racism was aimed at the white boyfriend.

The mother doesn't want her daughter going out with a white guy and it is Blanche and Rose who are the ones being racist for merely having a brown mud pack on their faces?!!! In that case is a child being racist for having chocolate on their faces after eating a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk? Same thing. A white persons face has gone from white to brown just like a black persons skin colour.

So can't whites be a victim of racism?

Last edited:
Rambling?! I put much thought in to every word. So hard I tried to make a reasoned case. A case that made sense that people could understand and even perhaps see a point in.

I'm sorry but you honestly think that after putting so much heart into it I'm prepared to let people piss all ower it?

I think I made a very valid point. Much like the idiots who sprayed 'racist' over Winston Churchill's statue or that idiot who tried to burn the Union flag, the people who trawl through years of TV film looking for anything that looks like it could be construed as racist have no place in the BLM movement and clearly are not connected to it.

More like the racism was aimed at the white boyfriend.

The mother doesn't want her daughter going out with a white guy and it is Blanche and Rose who are the ones being racist for merely having a brown mud pack on their faces?!!! In that case is a child being racist for having chocolate on their faces after eating a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk? Same thing. A white persons face has gone from white to brown just like a black persons skin colour.

So can't whites be a victim of racism?
I agree, I think those who are now carrying out these silly purges have no real interest in the struggle of black people or true equality in Society...

Sure I heard some news station in Oz we’re having a discussion last week whether Chess was racist as white pieces get to go first

I think that's the one gag in the entire series, in which Blanche wasn't on the receiving end of a joke about her promiscuity.

I was a sprog back in the eighties and my mother loved it, so I ended up having to sit through just about every episode.

I can see why this episode has been pulled given the current climate, with the mood being as touchy as it is. It's seen by a lot of the current generation as being wrong to make jokes about not just ethnicity, but appearance and even hair colour. I saw a review of Mock the Week when an American black commentator only approved of an anti-ginger joke make by Frankie Boyle, because it was a joke about gingers made by a ginger.

It's got silly and perhaps when things calm down again, people will see the above for what it is and reinstate it. A daft gag in an 80s sitcom about an unfortunate faux pas.

Golden Girls is picked up at various times by various channels on Sky. Five have it at the moment, TLC had it about 10 years ago and I think ITV have it in their back catalogue for use at some point too.

Betty White only passed away a couple of years ago, outliving the rest by a good 10 years. The dumb Swede from St. Olaf got the last laugh.

It was an eighties series and people do need to get real. I wonder if the entire series will get pulled next because Blanche is seen as offensive to "hypersexual women" (what we used to call nymphomaniacs or slappers).

Last edited:
I think that's the one gag in the entire series, in which Blanche wasn't on the receiving end of a joke about her promiscuity.

I was a sprog back in the eighties and my mother loved it, so I ended up having to sit through just about every episode.

I can see why this episode has been pulled given the current climate, with the mood being as touchy as it is. It's seen by a lot of the current generation as being wrong to make jokes about not just ethnicity, but appearance and even hair colour. I saw a review of Mock the Week when an American black commentator only approved of an anti-ginger joke make by Frankie Boyle, because it was a joke about gingers made by a ginger.

It's got silly and perhaps when things calm down again, people will see the above for what it is and reinstate it. A daft gag in an 80s sitcom about an unfortunate faux pas.

Golden Girls is picked up at various times by various channels on Sky. Five have it at the moment, TLC had it about 10 years ago and I think ITV have it in their back catalogue for use at some point too.

Betty White only passed away a couple of years ago, outliving the rest by a good 10 years. The dumb Swede from St. Olaf got the last laugh.

It was an eighties series and people do need to get real. I wonder if the entire series will get pulled next because Blanche is seen as offensive to "hypersexual women" (what we used to call nymphomaniacs or slappers).
The most depressing thing is the censorship, people don't care because they agree with it and see it as a win for them. Fair enough put disclaimers on episodes if you feel the need but we shouldn't want to censor things from the past just because someone might find something offensive.

That person might be wrong for starters.

Everybody will find something offensive.

Back