Gola

Had some class Gola boots in the early 80s: nicely padded and luxurious compared to most of the uncomfortable football boots available to buy at the time.

Gola still market some TC trainers come shoes, wide fitting with excellent velcro fastening which are well made and very practical for anyone with joint problems.
I bought a pair a few years back when I had problems bending and reaching and have since only used them when most needed.
Maybe not quite the latest fashion, but multi-purpose, practical and durable for about thirty quid or so.

Gola still market some TC trainers come shoes, wide fitting with excellent velcro fastening which are well made and very practical for anyone with joint problems.
I bought a pair a few years back when I had problems bending and reaching and have since only used them when most needed.
Maybe not quite the latest fashion, but multi-purpose, practical and durable for about thirty quid or so.

G:cool:la

I bought a pair of Ponys when i first got into the NFL..felt like i had to have a pair of Pony Line backers..fkn hideous they were..:oops:
I had a pair of these blue suede boots by Pony. They were height of 1992 London fashion. Proper horrible thinking back. They were like ankle-high moccasins. Why my mar let me buy them I'll never know.

After that I had a pair of these badboys.. :cool:

Logon or register to see this image

Still got mine. On a night I mix it up. 1 shoe is Gola and the other shoe is Admiral

Cool or shite?

Once upon a time it was cool, then deemed shite, then iirc it made a comeback and was deemed cool again. That was a good few years ago so presume it is now back to being shite?

Don't know how old you are but Gola or Dunlop have NEVER been cool and I'm the wrong side of the bullseye

Quite a log time to have been wrong mind. Fair play for admitting it. Good luck.

I'll wait for a photo of anyone remotely cool wearing a pair of Golas - it was what the poor kids wore when I was at junior school :lol: The top boys had adidas and the really poor kids had Winfield 2 stripes - like black and white Sambas but with 2 stripes!

Hitec were all about the baseball boot. Like these but worn with multiple different coloured laces in and the tongues sticking up.

Logon or register to see this image

I had some of them in blue/orange :oops: I was at school and had to buy my own shoes as I had a paperound so therefore I was classed by my parents as employed. As there were no British Knights of suspicious origin in the outdoor market I had to get some.

I also had some black dunlop plimsoley things for gym at school too cause my Mam was skint. And Patrick football boots.

Last edited:
I'll wait for a photo of anyone remotely cool wearing a pair of Golas - it was what the poor kids wore when I was at junior school :lol: The top boys had adidas and the really poor kids had Winfield 2 stripes - like black and white Sambas but with 2 stripes!

Pretty sure John Taylor of Duran Duran was wearing Golas last time I saw him. ;)

Remember the TV as with the deep bass voice over? “Play to win, with Gola!”

I was one of those with the Winfields. Are you sure they didn’t have three stripes? My Mam wouldn't buy me adidas as she said it wasn’t worth it as I’d soon grow out of them. You tried to black out the curly ‘W’ on the tongue with a marker pen but everybody knew. Since I could afford my own gear I’ve gone a bit mental for adidas and have loads of them now. Every single item of sports kit l’ve ever worn since being a teenager was adidas.

Back