Going well

More than happy with where we are approaching the half way point of the season. We’re on course for 65-66 points which would have us finishing 11th, 10th, 9th, 9th and 12th over the past five Championship seasons and as a newly promoted team, a top half finish would be a successful season, more so when you factor in a managerial change and a period of the first half of the season with no strikers.

I hope though that if Stewart does go, we have replacements lined up and get them in quickly. Defoe retiring when he did this year meant we had to go with what was left, which didn’t turn out bad, but we’ve seen what happens without fit strikers this season and there’s a definite difference between League One and the Championship.

Only 2 sides with a better Goal Difference than us and that's the top 2.

Been a very enjoyable season so far imo. Once again, I overestimated our opponents today, looked at their results and form etc. Watching the game though, just thought they were another bunch of well drilled hard working thugs. Once there was football to be played we took advantage. Burnley 2nd half and probably Swansea 1st half are ones that spring to mind where we looked totally outclassed. Still very few points separating a lot of teams but we should be top half rather than worrying about down below.

They were horrible first half, worst team we've played this season. I'm not taking anything away from us because we done well not to get drawn into their tactics and showed a lot more quality.

Not the worst team we've played for me, they were physical, hard work and very dangerous from set pieces. We had to dig in deep and defend well but football won the day.

I think the fitter Simms is getting the less we are missing Stewart to be completely honest with you.

Diallo Pritchard Clarke and Simms as a front four works very well imo.

That 7 foot tall no5 was an absolute bastard to deal with like, even their left back was about 6' 4"

He was huge wasn't he. In the first half I was thinking I would sign him but once we got it down in the second half we could play around him. Simms done very well today as that was a tough shift today.

He was huge wasn't he. In the first half I was thinking I would sign him but once we got it down in the second half we could play around him. Simms very well today as that was a tough shift today.

Aye Simms had the big twat all over him, proper battle and he acquitted himself well. Last season only three sides conceded less goals than Millwall, they were the 3 which won promotion. A big part of that success at the back was Dan Ballard.

I think the fitter Simms is getting the less we are missing Stewart to be completely honest with you.

Diallo Pritchard Clarke and Simms as a front four works very well imo.
Simms was my motm today, but Stewart offers so much more. He had a chance that he put straight at the keeper first half for example, Stewart sticks that away.

I disagree. We do, however, need more presence in midfield as back up (or preferavly to improve on) evans. Neils job isnt to be the physical presence in midfield

I agree with what your saying, but also, it would be very beneficial to Dan if he could bring some more physicality. At times he looks weak as piss. Can't recall him winning a tackle first half today. I've seen him slow to 50:50's too, don't like that.

I agree with what your saying, but also, it would be very beneficial to Dan if he could bring some more physicality. At times he looks weak as piss. Can't recall him winning a tackle first half today. I've seen him slow to 50:50's too, don't like that.

Im not saying i wouldnt like him to be more physical in his play. Same as Ba. I want them to be more physical. But as long as we have a holding midfielder beside them i dont want them replaced in the way we set up

But we do need backup for evans. Hes key to how we set up and the only one in our squad who can do it.

Him and Patterson are the only ones with no replacement (assuming we play one striker like today)

Last edited:
Im not saying i wouldnt like him to be more physical in his play. Same as Ba. I want them to be more physical. But as long as we have a holding midfielder beside them i dont want them replaced in the way we set up

Agree, Neil has the potential to be a Carrick type (not saying he will or won't reach those heights) and creativity is what he's there for. Would love him to add some bite to his game though, all of the team have defensive duties and I feel its an obvious area for him to try to improve. Seems to switch off a bit at times, hence lack of speed to loose balls etc.

They were horrible first half, worst team we've played this season. I'm not taking anything away from us because we done well not to get drawn into their tactics and showed a lot more quality.
their tactics worked because the effin ref made sure they did,bloody terrible display from whoever that was

Back