Going vegan

It’s all becoming very popular amongst the labour voting middle classes across the country(people with to much time on their hands )

Having said that the morals and health benefits can’t be ignored,but my argument is I’ve never heard what I would call normal working class folk even discuss it never mind carry it out .
I do indeed. Some ver nice ones.
Size ?

Might have them off ya when you go full vegan

Last edited:
It’s all becoming very popular amongst the labour voting middle classes across the country(people with to much time on their hands )

Having said that the morals and health benefits can’t be ignored,but my argument is I’ve never heard what I would call normal working class folk even discuss it never mind carry it out .
Well it’s a sheep mentality with most younguns. They’re absolutely boring kids these days. As people have said they’re desperate to tell anyone that’ll listen they’re vegan

A concept I've always hated and struggled with but I've finally decided to make the change. I'll not be forcing it onto the kids but I think I've seen and heard enough to persuade me that a plant based diet is the way forward.

I've definitely thought of going vegetarian a few times but vegan is a step too far for me, good luck with it.

The rules stuff is bollocks. It's not the 1970s. Op is going to eat less meat but not be a po faced twat. Good for him good for planet
I agree. Not sure why people want to have a go. If people decide to be vegan it’s a good thing. I disagree when people do it because of pressure but when they do it when they’ve weighed up the impact their diet has on the environment then I think it’s something to be praised. Not sure why it bothers people. It can only be a good thing if we’re killing less animals
I've definitely thought of going vegetarian a few times but vegan is a step too far for me, good luck with it.
Just eat less meat. I barely touch it. I use as little plastic as possible too just to keep my damage to the planet to a minimum

Last edited:
I'm not seeking attention at all. Just seems relevant and worthy of discussion. Fair enough if not. Feel free to let the thread die.
Exactly just like all those cows and pigs and little baby baa lambs (that taste so nice in kebabs with a bit of chili sauce), so we can all live and fart methane into the atmosphere with impunity contributing to the runaway greenhouse effect.....bwaaah haaaah haaaaah (evil laugh)

Size ?

Might have them off ya when you go full vegan

What's one of them marra? How do you quantify a 'normal working class folk'?

I believe the casking products used in beer production contain fish byproduct which makes a lot of it unsuitable for vegans, something that goes under the radar of a lot of beer guzzlers.

Yeah I'll be giving it a try, there's no downside to trying.
I’ve found it easy. Make sure you get lots of condiments. If you’re a good cook it’s a lot easier
I believe the casking products used in beer production contain fish byproduct which makes a lot of it unsuitable for vegans, something that goes under the radar of a lot of beer guzzlers.
And wine

Becoming less so now, Guineas has been vegan for a few years now.
I have no doubt. However, I still believe the vast majority of breweries still don't reveal if they use this byproduct or not. With the rise in veganism this will of course change, but anyone strictly vegan runs the risk of tripping themselves up on a night out unless they're really careful.

A concept I've always hated and struggled with but I've finally decided to make the change. I'll not be forcing it onto the kids but I think I've seen and heard enough to persuade me that a plant based diet is the way forward.
This is something me and my eldest have thought about for a long time, the evidence for the health benefits seem overwhelming, it’s got to better than shoving chemically preserved shit down our throats every day. We’ve slowly started to introduce more vegan meals into our diet but haven’t made the full official switch yet.

Good luck, be interesting to hear if you feel any benefits after a few weeks

Everything in moderation. I eat meat very rarely, could count the meals over the year on my fingers but I always appreciate and enjoy it more. I very rarely drink milk other than a nice kefir now and then. A good few beers once a month. Nice desert now and then.

My BMI is spot on and my body fat percentage is 12%. I'm a right boring bastard now though!

Back