Going traveling - age

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you die of an std from a bankok hooker at 29 and 3/4

It depends. If the Bankok "lady" has unexpectedly done you up the arse, the sensation will tell you you should see a doctor. ;)

When does it become unacceptable to quit your job and clear off for a year traveling?

29 in 2 months. Plenty saved, should really be buying houses and settling down now like. I guess do what you want

Up until a few years ago, I'd done the travel gig in fragments let's say. For reasons I'll not go into, I can't do it know except for odd weekend breaks.

Go for it, however you want to do it while you're able.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great response, appreciated. Everyone saying going for it, exactly what I want to hear. Going to give it till summer then make a decision, reckon I will.

Don't really fancy the south east Asia route that's all as already done a few of them.

4 more days at work for me then I'll be off on 5th April. Starting in Perth though for a holiday then working my way back north.

I'm not sure about the crazy!

I do like hostels though, they are actually memorable as opposed to hotels which are frequently comfortable but generic, soulless and forgetable.
Great memories of staying in hostels on my trip.Remember watching Live Aid in 1985 crowded around a telly in a hostel in Cairns Australia with a mix of different people and nationalities .Music is universal especially when Phil Collins did his drumming during '' in the air tonght''.

It depends. If the Bankok "lady" has unexpectedly done you up the arse, the sensation will tell you you should see a doctor. ;)
unexpectedly?

You lie on your front as "she" ovvers you a nice sensual foreplay massage and unexpectedly, "she" rams his lad up your arse.

Of you could be ex-Newcastle journeyman goal keeper John Burridge and just plough in anyway even when you realise your Thai girl is a ladyboy. ;)

44yr old, sat on the plane at Kiev typing this after another fantastic long weekend with my stunning Ukrainian girlfriend, amongst other things we've planned a trip around Poland for starters with many more plans to travel in the pipeline.

There's no rules in life, do what makes you happy.

Iran is going to be class :cool:

44yr old, sat on the plane at Kiev typing this after another fantastic long weekend with my stunning Ukrainian girlfriend, amongst other things we've planned a trip around Poland for starters with many more plans to travel in the pipeline.

There's no rules in life, do what makes you happy.

I'm guessing you didn't find her on a Friday night out in town?

I vowed when I left school, not to carry on till I dropped as others have done and still do in my line of work.

I was very fortunate it turned out that way and I began a totally different lifestyle at 50, travelling and sowing my wild oats. :D

There are rules actually.

Pics FFS
No!:lol:

Iran is going to be class :cool:

I'm guessing you didn't find her on a Friday night out in town?
Nope, just used the same method as this country, t'internet. Spoke with a canny few lasses, none really did anything for me, passed over the obvious scams and ended up hitting it off with her.

We were speaking everyday for a couple of months, went over for the first time last month. Just got back from Kiev again now.

Amazing place, amazing people. Could quite easily see myself over there long term if it wasn't for the kids.

Having said that it's cheaper for me to get to Kiev once a month then it was to see a lass from saltburn!

Last edited:
When does it become unacceptable to quit your job and clear off for a year traveling?

29 in 2 months. Plenty saved, should really be buying houses and settling down now like. I guess do what you want
Just do it. It'll be the best thing you ever did. Settling down is for later - who knows, you may settle in another country like I did.

Correct I'm going into semi retirement but will still be working harder than anyone you know. Just be having an easy life on the isle of skye. Time out is time wasted

Work to live Paul.

The Isle of skye or the the likes of Asia or South America. Hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back