1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to the theatre yes or no

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Its Him Again, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Its Him Again

Its Him Again Striker

Just sat through Mama Mia .
    Was in a mood running up to it as I expected it to be pretty shit.
    I quite enjoyed it :oops:

2. King Kareoke

King Kareoke Winger

Love going to the theatre and yes I love musicals - was at the Empire last night for Thoroughly Modern Millie and really enjoyed the show

3. Charmless Man

Charmless Man Striker

Well yeah, why not? I’m not the biggest musical fan but I’ve enjoyed Billy Elliot and Les Mis. Quite want to succumb to the hype and see Hamilton.

Really like going to see plays though.

4. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

Not a massive fan of musicals but plays done well are excellent entertainment.

5. Love dramas, concerts and musicals.

6. Its Him Again

Its Him Again Striker

I'm going to go to more

7. Cheesy Feet

Cheesy Feet Striker

Last few years down London i've seen..Les Miserables..Phantom of the Opera..Matilda..Willy Wonka..Annie..Kinky Boots..Lion King..School of Rock..Wicked..it's a good night the Theatre like.

Wonderbra, Daffy and Its Him Again like this.
  8. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Love it me. The bairn likes it as well and always looks at the posters on the Empire when we walk past on the way to the match in case there is something she fancies.

Its Him Again likes this.
  9. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Midfield

It's a yes from me

10. Patch

Patch Winger

I love the theatre. I have a great big smile on my face from the first moment to the last. There's just something amazing about it that's difficult to identify. It feels like a two-way experience even though it isn't really.

Son of Stan likes this.
  11. Its Him Again

Its Him Again Striker

12. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

No to musicals. Definitely contemporary ones. But I do like going to see plays. David Tennant last year in Don Juan in Soho was tremendous. And I saw a live screening of Macbeth with Christopher Eccleston last week. He was a bit one note for me. Must try harder, Chris. :)

13. PTR

PTR Striker

Yes.
    But just like the cinema, there's some shows I'd watch, and some I'd avoid. Such as Mamma Mia.

14. Its Him Again

Its Him Again Striker

Yes I was forced to go however quite enjoyed seeing everyone so happy.
    Unfortunately that does not happen watching sunderland these days

15. xmfd

xmfd Winger

Went to see the Jungle Book a couple of weeks ago expecting shite but it was great

16. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

I had a reasonable two way experience with Richard Armitage in The Crucible a couple of years ago. But I was sat right in front of him, exactly when he took his top of for a wash. :lol::lol:

17. Its Him Again

Its Him Again Striker

Btw it was packed with Wads

18. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

I love a good show. It can be a musical (seen loads - the latest was Beautiful at the Empire) or a comedy play, or a drama. Anything, so long as its well stage managed and acted.

19. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Seen Beautiful and Jersey boys recently.

Also Blood Brothers which was one of the best things I have ever seen. Brilliant.

Wonderbra and Tomma like this.
  20. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Striker

get yourselves to The Royalty Theatre, might even see a certain SMBer on stage ;)