Going teetotal

I'm not ready to go full teetotal but I am very tempted by it. But socially I'm not sure I'd cope.

I'm not a frequent drinker these days but just can't stop once I get the taste for it. Have to keep the party going even if it's just me at the end of the night. I generally just can't do the few drinks and go to bed. I have to kick the arse of it.
Since getting a bad bout of covid last year I've not been able to drink very well. Seems to affect me a lot quicker, and I lose the power of speech etc even though the brain appears to be processing correctly. And the hangovers kill me these days. So don't want that any more.

But also I need to drop some clemmage. For now I think I'll just change my drinking habits and cut out beer. Drink spirits with tonic/diet drinks but smaller measures of the booze. It worked for me before.
Then maybe after the summer look to have an extended time off.

My best advice would be if you’re thinking it’s time just give it a go and see how you get on, it’s the easiest thing in the world to consider without doing anything about.

I had all sorts planned last autumn and still did everything, just without a drink.

After the first couple of weeks it gets easier and easier.

That is heartbreaking. No idea how I would cope. We probably never agreed on much but you are part of this place and you posting that has made me a little bit sad.

Nothing I can type that would be of any use to you but I hope you can get whatever joy there is left in life.

I sort of read into it that he may well be powering through given what the docs had previously said and he proved them wrong. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

That is heartbreaking. No idea how I would cope. We probably never agreed on much but you are part of this place and you posting that has made me a little bit sad.

Nothing I can type that would be of any use to you but I hope you can get whatever joy there is left in life.
my ex girlfriend well partner 5 + years hardly describes a girl friend on 27 years of friendship is going nuts at be but it is mainly for the rent in vienna for the flat i got her that she cant afford as she spunked my money on a body building crazy turk certified 10 different medically diagnosed mental illnesses. She has one borderline personality disorder but despite basically setting her up in a duplex apartment so she can see her kids she ran away to stay on his couch. I was friends with him gave up drink thought a muslim lad would be good for me turned out he was a drug addict a gambling addict. she won't let him go he is 20 years younger than us but wont sleep with her as she cheated on him. border line personality disorder is managable if you calm the person down but as my friend her ex husband who i drink with (we became friends after the marriage) tells my when i asked him to take her back no bulmers your a masochist. Lost my job or rather the company lost my job for me when i was looking after potus data but went to albania and got my back broken in hospital by staff. I'd broke 4 ribs cracked another 4 the day i'd found out she'd successfully taken bodybuilding drugs to him in turkey. I was in a 5* resort swimming getting fit then i slipped on marble floor. They put up with me for a while i just started drinking again but then they sended me to hospital. I had to move to a private one cost a fair bit. Then got a gulfstream home private on insurance and nearly got killed in dryburn by some nutter on the ward. The nhs has gone to shit so i'm going to a private place by brum to dry out get a new job and hopefully survive.
Hows your been Harry

my ex girlfriend well partner 5 + years hardly describes a girl friend on 27 years of friendship is going nuts at be but it is mainly for the rent in vienna for the flat i got her that she cant afford as she spunked my money on a body building crazy turk certified 10 different medically diagnosed mental illnesses. She has one borderline personality disorder but despite basically setting her up in a duplex apartment so she can see her kids she ran away to stay on his couch. I was friends with him gave up drink thought a muslim lad would be good for me turned out he was a drug addict a gambling addict. she won't let him go he is 20 years younger than us but wont sleep with her as she cheated on him. border line personality disorder is managable if you calm the person down but as my friend her ex husband who i drink with (we became friends after the marriage) tells my when i asked him to take her back no bulmers your a masochist. Lost my job or rather the company lost my job for me when i was looking after potus data but went to albania and got my back broken in hospital by staff. I'd broke 4 ribs cracked another 4 the day i'd found out she'd successfully taken bodybuilding drugs to him in turkey. I was in a 5* resort swimming getting fit then i slipped on marble floor. They put up with me for a while i just started drinking again but then they sended me to hospital. I had to move to a private one cost a fair bit. Then got a gulfstream home private on insurance and nearly got killed in dryburn by some nutter on the ward. The nhs has gone to shit so i'm going to a private place by brum to dry out get a new job and hopefully survive.
Hows your been Harry
That is a life story!!

I get the post now. Hopefully you’ll have many years to come. I like a drink but in your shoes I’d knock it on the head for good.

I’m living a very content incident free life😁

That is a life story!!

I get the post now. Hopefully you’ll have many years to come. I like a drink but in your shoes I’d knock it on the head for good.

I’m living a very content incident free life😁
oh i did the us drone program for the cia built the framework for electronic gift cards for 30 high street chains. Did dells single sign on anticipated Heartbleed Bug using double encryption to make us safe boi and ge. i fought 2 gang wars in Manchester in the 90's i can say this as the end may be near. oh i designed the first sms pay you credit card system had access to 3 billion credit cards at that point.
oh i did the us drone program for the cia built the framework for electronic gift cards for 30 high street chains. Did dells single sign on anticipated Heartbleed Bug using double encryption to make us safe boi and ge. i fought 2 gang wars in Manchester in the 90's i can say this as the end may be near. oh i designed the first sms pay you credit card system had access to 3 billion credit cards at that point.
but know i'm fucked

but know i'm fucked
went out with one gangland bosses daughter, had another chase me her dad told me the true story of leah betts, her dad the hypocrite did a deal with the brinks bank mob killed the dealers involved and the payoff later was the stephen lawerence murder his nephew got let off . it wasn't racism by the met just payoffs
the guy who told faced down the krays when they came to manchester so i trust him

Last edited:

but know i'm fucked

went out with one gangland bosses daughter, had another chase me her dad told me the true story of leah betts, her dad the hypocrite did a deal with the brinks bank mob killed the dealers involved and the payoff later was the stephen lawerence murder his nephew got let off . it wasn't racism by the met just payoffs
the guy who told faced down the krays when they came to manchester so i trust him
this posts confused me a bit. You ok?

I'm not ready to go full teetotal but I am very tempted by it. But socially I'm not sure I'd cope.

I'm not a frequent drinker these days but just can't stop once I get the taste for it. Have to keep the party going even if it's just me at the end of the night. I generally just can't do the few drinks and go to bed. I have to kick the arse of it.
Since getting a bad bout of covid last year I've not been able to drink very well. Seems to affect me a lot quicker, and I lose the power of speech etc even though the brain appears to be processing correctly. And the hangovers kill me these days. So don't want that any more.

But also I need to drop some clemmage. For now I think I'll just change my drinking habits and cut out beer. Drink spirits with tonic/diet drinks but smaller measures of the booze. It worked for me before.
Then maybe after the summer look to have an extended time off.

Yeah I'm same, when I start its just not ending until I am mortal.

I am OK not drinking with close friends, but any sort of social thing I have to drink

what with my ex i pay for calling me toxic today
Well i'm fucked 5 private hospitals wont take me in case i die. ~I'm contacting the nhs i'm so desperate last time someone tried to kill me in there. I'm f***ing thinking of cuba as i'm employed by my ex bosses as a last resort

Last edited:
My best advice would be if you’re thinking it’s time just give it a go and see how you get on, it’s the easiest thing in the world to consider without doing anything about.

I had all sorts planned last autumn and still did everything, just without a drink.

After the first couple of weeks it gets easier and easier.

How old are you marra if you dont mind me asking?

I am doing 8 days starting from today, see how I feel

Interesting, am just a couple younger, any reason in particular you gave it up? sorry I probs missed your post earlier.

The hangover from hell in my case, I’ve had a habit of putting my Mrs through the ringer when I’m having a bad time at work etc.

I was sat in a work meeting trying to discuss a pay rise, 4 days after I’d last drank, and I couldn’t get my words out, couldn’t justify how I deserved anything, my mind was scrambled.

So I promised Mrs C I was done with it, I’ve also had a bad relationship with it, my mother is an alcoholic, so I think I’ve always known I needed to do something about it, but just never dealt with it until last year.

There’s a really good thread in the D&E forum with those of us who are at it long term.

Last edited:
The hangover from hell in my case, I’ve had a habit of putting my Mrs through the ringer when I’m having a bad time at work etc.

I was sat in a work meeting trying to discuss a pay rise, 4 days after I’d last drank, and I couldn’t get my words out, couldn’t justify how I deserved anything, my mind was scrambled.

So I promised Mrs C I was done with it, I’ve also had a bad relationship with it, my mother is an alcoholic, so I think I’ve always known I needed to do something about it, but just never dealt with it until last year.

There’s a really good thread in the D&E forum with those of us who are at it long term.

Good man, well done on your efforts and doing somethin about it.

I can relate with the scrambled mind for sure, its one of the reasons I am debating it.

Doubt go teetotal but I need to realise that anymore than 5 pints and I feel shite the next morn , might try to stick to that , rough as Tarzans feet this morn

Same here. I have had 5pinteritis for about 6 years. We went out on Saturday gone 2 till 11 shift and I was rough as toast for 2 days after.

I am happy with a once a fortnight sesh , I don’t miss it. I miss being out , not the drink. I don’t drink in the house.
Even when it all lockdown I didn’t have a drop for the duration

If I could get me coffees down to under 12 a day that would be a test of my willpower.

Same here. I have had 5pinteritis for about 6 years. We went out on Saturday gone 2 till 11 shift and I was rough as toast for 2 days after.

I am happy with a once a fortnight sesh , I don’t miss it. I miss being out , not the drink. I don’t drink in the house.
Even when it all lockdown I didn’t have a drop for the duration

If I could get me coffees down to under 12 a day that would be a test of my willpower.
I’ve stopped drinking loads of tea and coffee aswell .

I alow myself a cup on the morning and one after my tea. I also don’t allow myself crisps , biscuits, bacon sarnies, pastry and so on during the week at work. Makes a big difference to how I feel.

Weekend, eat what I want .

Back