Going pescatarian

pRICK

Winger
It's a new year, the wife and I just bought and moved into our first house after renting for what seems like forever.

We're taking this change in home as a Kickstart for changing our diets and exercise routines. Trying to make a real go of it. I've been considering going pescatarian for a while and I've decided to commit fully. I love seafood and have to some success added more vegetarian and vegan meals to my diet over the past few years.

Just looking for any advice, tips, or stories others may have.

I think you need to be careful how much seafood you are eating with the levels of metals in farmed and wild fish, mercuary lead etc (plus high levels of antibiotics in farmed fish), plus now microplastics being ingested in that environment as well.

It's a new year, the wife and I just bought and moved into our first house after renting for what seems like forever.

We're taking this change in home as a Kickstart for changing our diets and exercise routines. Trying to make a real go of it. I've been considering going pescatarian for a while and I've decided to commit fully. I love seafood and have to some success added more vegetarian and vegan meals to my diet over the past few years.

Just looking for any advice, tips, or stories others may have.
I did it a few years ago. I lost a lot of weight actually, although a lot of it was to do with how impractical it was eating fish all of the time! Especially as I was out of the house all day and would regularly purchase food on the go. Going pescatarian meant I had to prepare my meals in advance or there was a fair chance I’d just go hungry.

The high mercury levels are a concern.

Since the USA has fucked handling covid I now work from home, so meal prep/eating on the go isn't a problem.

Cost/expense isn't a problem either as frozen seafood is quite affordable where I live, and if I do want to splurge on a nice fresh piece there's a local seafood market a short walk from my new house.

Back