Going for a walk

Just getting back out there after a bad bout of Covid, its defs impacted me slightly, hopefully nothing long term as I want to resume my running again

Done 8 miles the last 3 days just local, dont half feel better mentally.
I’d explode cooked up in the house me like walks keep me sane, good to hear your recovering well.

Did 5 miles on a treadmill yesterday "Rolling hills" setting but I ran it, I was fucked, much easier to walk 🚶‍♂️15 miles than run 🏃‍♂️5
Absolutely, it’s just a better experience for me, get to actually take stuff in. When I run I’m just looking at the floor waiting for it to be all over:lol:

Same at the dales regarding the ice, fell over once and we all nearly went about 400 times.
I have a pair of spiked sole attachments for my boots, helpfully they were in one of my other rucksacks, so I was nearly arse over tit multiple times today, much to my son's amusement. In reality, unless it is very icy, they are a pain in the arse to keep taking off, so other than in Austria, I've hardly ever used them
Did 5 miles on a treadmill yesterday "Rolling hills" setting but I ran it, I was fucked, much easier to walk 🚶‍♂️15 miles than run 🏃‍♂️5
My knees are fucked from running so it's only walking for me. I miss running, ocassionally, but would rather be on the hills any day. Hoping to get across to do High Cup Nick next weekend if my BiL is up for it.

Last edited:
Just getting back out there after a bad bout of Covid, its defs impacted me slightly, hopefully nothing long term as I want to resume my running again

Done 8 miles the last 3 days just local, dont half feel better mentally.
Running, I wouldn’t even start, never seen the appeal, if anyone ever recommended it as a way to get me stronger mentally I’d tell them to fuck right off a listen to some music instead.

I see running as punishment not pleasure. :lol:

Running, I wouldn’t even start, never seen the appeal, if anyone ever recommended it as a way to get me stronger mentally I’d tell them to fuck right off a listen to some music instead.

I see running as punishment not pleasure. :lol:

Much bigger endorphins! It’s hard like but I think you feel great after. You Never regret a run is the phrase

Was fit as a fiddle a few years back then I met our lass and covid and what not happened and I’ve tried to convince myself those are big reasons why I’ve stuck loads of weight back on.

Still in the gym every day but cardio wise I’m hardly doing anything.

Need to get back to doing 10k minimum per day and increase that, some of the pictures of this thread are class.

Back