Going for a walk

Off work this week so decided to go do the Roseberry Topping/Capt. Cook Monument/Great Ayton circular route tomorrow. Last did it in the summer.

It'll be nippy no doubt but I'm sick of wandering the tedious, dull pavements around NE38 over the last few weeks, I'm bored ****less.

Off work this week so decided to go do the Roseberry Topping/Capt. Cook Monument circular tomorrow. Last did it in the summer.

It'll be nippy no doubt but I'm sick of wandering the tedious, dull pavements around NE38 over the last few weeks, I'm bored ****less.
That’s my problem, I don’t drive so have to make the best of where I can walk. It does kill your motivation sometimes like. Will hopefully be hiking up blencathra in the snow on Sunday though.

That’s my problem, I don’t drive so have to make the best of where I can walk. It does kill your motivation sometimes like. Will hopefully be hiking up blencathra in the snow on Sunday though.
Enjoy, be cracking views there with the snow.

Aye it's utterly tedious as **** walking around where you live especially when it's dark/wet all the time. I'm at the point where unless I have a podcast worth listening to while walking I just struggle to motivate myself as it's dull as around here.

Amazing mind how much walking has helped my mental health and general fitness over the last 2 years.

Enjoy, be cracking views there with the snow.

Aye it's utterly tedious as **** walking around where you live especially when it's dark/wet all the time. I'm at the point where unless I have a podcast worth listening to while walking I just struggle to motivate myself as it's dull as around here.

Amazing mind how much walking has helped my mental health and general fitness over the last 2 years.
I’m lucky to live in seaham where there’s are plenty of walks to be had along the front, beaches, hawthron etc but Feel like I’ve done it all a million times.

It helps me wonders a good walk, need it most days to keep me sane.

Last edited:
Great Ayton - Capt. Cooks Monument - Roseberry Topping circular was lovely today like.

Bit brisk but the cold soon goes away once you’re ascending the hills with a sweat on.

Much prefer it around this time of year, only walked past about a dozen dog walkers over the whole 3.5 hours.

Last edited:
Another 7 mile with the dog today, 23 mile so far this week, Will be out tomorrow after work and the match too. work on a Saturday when it’s your birthday😒 will be celebrating properly Sunday by spending it hiking a mountain in the lakes covered in snow, piece of piss this dry January malarkey 😆

9 5 miles on the North York Moors today., Started from clay bank, across the wain stones then down to chop gate over Usha Moor to round hill and back to clay bank on the Cleveland Way. Lots of ice, but no snow. Could do with a new pair of knees

9 5 miles on the North York Moors today., Started from clay bank, across the wain stones then down to chop gate over Usha Moor to round hill and back to clay bank on the Cleveland Way. Lots of ice, but no snow. Could do with a new pair of knees
Same at the dales regarding the ice, fell over once and we all nearly went about 400 times.

Back