Going for a walk

Walking in the country seems popular but I've always found that a bit dull. I'd rather walk around a city centre, early evening or when it's quiet. Durham, York or even Sunderland are great places for a stroll.

Right City Boy and nothing wrong with that mate :)
Polar opposite to me and even better if I don’t see another person 😂
I walk along the Thames Daily, always something different to see 🚶‍♂️👍

Sounds great mate.
Wish I was in walking distance of the mid Thames.
If I was I would be doing the same as you. Magical.

Last edited:
Been really putting a pace on my walks lately, I now look like the bloke that needs a shit and is power walking home. Look a bit daft but it really gives you a sweat on especially going up hills and banks.
Just shy of 14 mile with the dog today, first big one for a while. Can’t wait til my walking trainers get here, bit bored of walking along flat tracks with big boots on.

Last edited:

Absolutely lovely day today, never would've thought it was mid November.

Absolutely lovely day today, never would've thought it was mid November.
Stunning views. 😍

15 mile down the coastal path to blackhall(ish) and back.

anyone done the Alnwick castle to bamburgh castle walk? Fancy doing it on Saturday
I wouldn't suggest that as you'd have to walk a fair way on the road from Alnwick to the coast. I'd find a coastal starting point for the distance you wish to cover whether that's Alnmouth or further North.

I wouldn't suggest that as you'd have to walk a fair way on the road from Alnwick to the coast. I'd find a coastal starting point for the distance you wish to cover whether that's Alnmouth or further North.
Yeah the route looks as if it’s about a quarter of the walk from Alnwick to coast. I’ll have a proper look because if it’s just some road and paths I don’t mind but road all the way to the coast would be abit annoying. Alnmouth will leave me about the same distance I think.

Yeah the route looks as if it’s about a quarter of the walk from Alnwick to coast. I’ll have a proper look because if it’s just some road and paths I don’t mind but road all the way to the coast would be abit annoying. Alnmouth will leave me about the same distance I think.
Alnmouth would be about the same distance. I can't think of any other way to get from Alnwick to the coast other than road and a might be a bit hairy for walking along.

ever since that walk^ I’ve been home bound with an awful stomach bug like, purposely didn’t eat lastnight and this morning so I could get to work for a few hours and get out for some fresh air with the dog for an hour. Glad I’ve had people to walk him. Really starting to miss it but started new medication today so hopefully that’ll do the trick and can get back out regular.

Walk every day except Saturday, which is footy and drinking day, though even then will quite often walk a good way whilst travelling from pub to pub. Looking forward to finishing off the Pennine Way next summer, 3 stages left to do.

Last edited:

Back