Going for a walk

I reckon Durham City to Finchale Abbey would be a decent walk, maybe just a tad short of 10 mile mind, go up past the prison from the road outside the raddison hotel.

Have you walked from Chester to Washington via The Weardale Way which looking at the map goes via Chester le Street golf course?

shamefully never heard of them! I’ll look them up now. Are they both on marked trails?

This thread has had a major impact on my life

not actually been on it for months but it’s here where I first started walking,

I do shift work and now do about 10 miles a day for the days I’m working, and more on the weeks I’m not

lost 3 stone, can’t really lose anymore physically. And more mentally it just helps getting through the days. I’ve even cut massively down on the drink as I get relief from doing this.

I wasn’t convinced how fit you could get from this, but you do to a degree. Can walk further n faster now.

been a life saver and I’ve got a hobby for life now.

im in north east for a week can anyone recommend any good walks? I’ve walked Chester to Seaburn along the c2c which is about 14 mile

I like the craster to bamb when I’m up that way

I walked round Durham the river today over n over, then back to shincliffe village

And I often work from Chester to washy village. Cox green then penshaw

anyone got any ideas, around 10-12 miles?
We’ve walked part of the river Tyne trail from Prudhoe to Corbridge which is about 12 miles and in the right weather has some nice views.

Wallsend to Whitley Bay is about 11 miles along Hadrian’s Cycleway.

Druridge Bay to Warkworth Castle through Amble then back down St Oswalds Way is about 13 miles.

I reckon Durham City to Finchale Abbey would be a decent walk, maybe just a tad short of 10 mile mind, go up past the prison from the road outside the raddison hotel.

Have you walked from Chester to Washington via The Weardale Way which looking at the map goes via Chester le Street golf course?
Done both of those loads of times. Often park on the road next to the steps down to Finchale and walk into Durham - get some nice cheese and pate from the indoor market and walk back.

Walked the path from Fatfield to Consett a few times. Easier in the other direction although it's a pretty steady incline if you stick to the path.

Done both of those loads of times. Often park on the road next to the steps down to Finchale and walk into Durham - get some nice cheese and pate from the indoor market and walk back.

Walked the path from Fatfield to Consett a few times. Easier in the other direction although it's a pretty steady incline if you stick to the path.

I'm looking to do part of the Weardale Way next month..... Croxdale to Roker, I've watched a video on YouTube and it seemed a little confusing the path around Chester Le Street golf club, but the rest seemed fairly straightforward

ive just downloaded GPS. So bus to Durham from Chester n walk back from there? You pass finchale on way?

Booked up for the Cleveland way Saltburn to Whitby walk in two weeks time. Managed to jump in on the Northern Rail £1 sale. Horden to Saltburn £1. Whitby to Horden £1. Can't grumble

Back