Going for a walk

It seemed heavy going today despite some warmer weather. I managed 2.93 miles in 42:05 at 4.18 mph. I would've liked to have gone further but was restricted by work commitments.
3.8 miles today in 53 minutes at 4.3 mph which is a PB for this route.

Last edited:
Just got a steady 3.52 miles in 64 minutes. Bit of a wind at times so just a steady stroll. Was around 3pm when the temperature just started to drop so will try and get out a bit earlier tomorrow and push up towards 5 miler again.

Been doing 10 mile a day this week and just eating less

just weighed myself and it’s the lowest I’ve been in years, surprised

I’m looking for advice, I’m useless on bikes due to my back. Is the coast to coast cycle path from Roker to whitehaven walkable? Or are there stretches along main roads which you couldn’t really do by foot

google maps says 115miles along the bike route. I could do that with some stops along the way when hopefully hotels and BnBs are open.

really enjoyed waking, and despite some bad days, the more miles I put in the longer I can do the week after

I’m looking for advice, I’m useless on bikes due to my back. Is the coast to coast cycle path from Roker to whitehaven walkable? Or are there stretches along main roads which you couldn’t really do by foot

google maps says 115miles along the bike route. I could do that with some stops along the way when hopefully hotels and BnBs are open.

really enjoyed waking, and despite some bad days, the more miles I put in the longer I can do the week after
Sounds interesting, how long do you think the route will take on shanks pony as opposed to cycling it?

Sounds interesting, how long do you think the route will take on shanks pony as opposed to cycling it?

Really not sure yet, just started googling it. Most bikes seem to take 3 days to spread it out and it seems quite steep in places too

I’m quite content with it not being quick, more concerned about if it’s walkable or if it would be alongside speeding cars etc

It’s absolutely walkable, but you will need to work out how many miles a day you are comfortable with then look to arrange overnight stops at logical points along the way.

It’s absolutely walkable, but you will need to work out how many miles a day you are comfortable with then look to arrange overnight stops at logical points along the way.

that’s encouraging. Yeah for sure. That will be the tricky part, I really don’t know the answer to that at the minute

any educated guesses at what’s achievable for someone unfit but fairly young and not overweight (hope that doesn’t sound harsh).

20 miles a day seems to far to me

Last edited:
that’s encouraging. Yeah for sure. That will be the tricky part, I really don’t know the answer to that at the minute

any educated guesses at what’s achievable for someone unfit but fairly young and not overweight (hope that doesn’t sound harsh).

20 miles seems a day seems to far to me

There is the original c2c walk by Wainwright which has established stop off points.

Back