Going for a walk

A few of us did the coast to coast on bikes and as we pulled up at the smugglers my strava had 199.5km on it. It was also belting down so didn't complete the extra few hundred meters. Gutted.

I couldn't have left it there, that would have tortured me. First year I did Ride to the Sun (Carlisle to Edinburgh through the night, great ride), which is exactly 100 miles, my Garmin said 99.99 miles. I crawled up and down Cramond beach depriving myself of a dawn bacon sarnie until it was well over 100 (just in case Strava knocked a few tenths off).

I couldn't have left it there, that would have tortured me. First year I did Ride to the Sun (Carlisle to Edinburgh through the night, great ride), which is exactly 100 miles, my Garmin said 99.99 miles. I crawled up and down Cramond beach depriving myself of a dawn bacon sarnie until it was well over 100 (just in case Strava knocked a few tenths off).
Couldn't face turning round and heading back to the marina.

Just shy of 45 miles so far since the 1st.

Only managing to get in 3/4 miles a day at the moment which usually takes about an hour on an evening after work around the doors but it's better than nowt.

Last edited:
He doesn't do any walks. Probably sets the alarm for some ridiculous time of the morning, posts on here that he's out, turns over & goes back to sleep. 😴
He probably will like. I don’t walk but I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. I get up at 4am everyday and run at 5, did 8.5k this morn. It’s the best time to go I think.

Back