Going for a walk

Only really go on walks with the family. If I'm on my own I run. The most recent one round Rainton Meadows. Been on my door step for years and last week was the first time I had been. I'm going to include it in my longer running routes.

I love my Garmin for running like. Tempted to upgrade to a Fenix
Nice watches I will upgrade eventually but for now my Vivoactive3 serves a purpose. Plenty good walks locally and it helps me settle down/mental health, I literally just switch off. I walked from Wheatley Hill to Newcastle one day, canny walk to be fair lol

I find it interesting how other people live there lives. And I believe I’m missing out so I’m going to make conscious effort (if that the correct spelling) to make some changes and try to walk a little bit
Give it a go. I've not done much for the last few months due to a foot injury but tried where possible to push myself but started the year well and just need to keep it up. Done 6 miles today.

Of course. I genuinely love walking. I'd walk all day for ya. During the first lockdown, I had my 2 year old and 6 year old climbing mountains with me. They used to be begging me to not go on long walks so often.

Fuck that, I'm a parent first, friend second.

And a mentalist by the sounds of it. Many thanks for your honest reply.

I love it.
I've discovered so many tracks, trails, nooks and crannies that I never knew existed. Having a dog helps with motivation but either way I’ll always head out for walks while I can. Often I’ve no destination in mind, just pick a direction and head out.
This. Although they can be a pain it’s a great feeling getting back and not hearing a peep out the dogs for a good few hours whilst watching the footy :D

Don't just head down the beach or obvious places
Look on maps for the old raily lines or woodland or cliff paths
Find some great stuff
Even heading along some of the coast to coast trails locally take you through some beautiful places.
theres great walks by penshaw and by the river wear that have stunning views. There’s so much out there on our doorsteps that I never knew about.
love it

I tend to think as walking somewhere as a chore. Wish I didn’t have this mentality. As I’d love to Put on coat and shoes and just get out with no particular destination in mind. You’re lucky.

Might be easier if listening to music.
I just pop my headphones in & just wander about somewhere for about an hour

Don't just head down the beach or obvious places
Look on maps for the old raily lines or woodland or cliff paths
Find some great stuff

Think this is where I go wrong I look at a walk as a destination to reach, Then I have to return so if there’s no point to reach or reason for going I don’t see the point.

Walk the dog every day but Saturdays is our big one. Normally take a can or two each and do about 8 miles or so. I love it like. We moved more out onto the country so there's loads of places to go

Just read that back. Me and our lass take a can each not the dog ha

I genuinely wish there was a way I could get payed for walking where I wanted, would get through a silly amount of miles :D

Think this is where I go wrong I look at a walk as a destination to reach, Then I have to return so if there’s no point to reach or reason for going I don’t see the point.

If you have two cars its handy to take one to your starting point and then walk home. Pick the car up next day. That's what we tend to do

Give it a go. I've not done much for the last few months due to a foot injury but tried where possible to push myself but started the year well and just need to keep it up. Done 6 miles today.

This is the thing I don’t get though. Did you just get up this morning and get ready and go out for a walk. No destination in mind and no end goal other than being out on the walk.
I love it.
I've discovered so many tracks, trails, nooks and crannies that I never knew existed. Having a dog helps with motivation but either way I’ll always head out for walks while I can. Often I’ve no destination in mind, just pick a direction and head out.

I admire you

Every Day weather permitting. It`s our main reason for having a van over the Lakes but also walk at home and have a few regular ones here. Moor Lane from East Boldon to Cleadon has been having a one way system trial to allow the addition of a Walk/Cycle coned off area to make it safer. Did an hour round there this afternoon (got caught in hailstones half way the bassa) and had an hours walk up past the Golfie this morning with Mrs H.

Edit Blessed here with our coastline which we also enjoy

Last edited:
This is the thing I don’t get though. Did you just get up this morning and get ready and go out for a walk. No destination in mind and no end goal other than being out on the walk.
I do when I’m off work. Tomorrow me and my brother will be going out and we usually just map it out as we go. No point in setting yourself a limit just do as much as you feel like doing when your out there. If you fancy going further do so, ready for home then make your way back.

Back