Going for a walk

What timescale have you given yourself mate?
Turns out it was 60 miles in total, got soaked through each day, lovely. Stays at Gilsland and Chollerford worked well and the comraderie on route was astonishing. Ended up walking with 2 ladies for about 10 miles in the rain and had a great laugh.
Only disappointment was a lack of cafes/pubs and shops for that matter. A couple of honesty sheds early on were good but almost nothing in the second 2 days.

Which route did you take? Can’t remember what’s it’s called but we went up the route shaped a bit like a camels back. Honestly one of the worst climbs I’ve done, terrain was horrible it had my feet/ankles killing.

Which route did you take? Can’t remember what’s it’s called but we went up the route shaped a bit like a camels back. Honestly one of the worst climbs I’ve done, terrain was horrible it had my feet/ankles killing.
Started at the car park that goes to Latrigg, up to Lonscale Fell, the 2 Skiddaws, then down over some of the other peaks, through Dodd wood and back to the car.

Fairfield Horseshoe today ❄️.....planned on detouring off to grab Seat Sandal as well but by the time I got up to Fairfield it was a whiteout and blowing a gale so thought better of it. Will hopefully get out one more time before the end of the year.

Last edited:

First outing of the year, cracking in the snow!

Back