Going for a walk

Anyone done the harians wall walk? Looks very doable, 84 miles, perhaps 5/6 days. Watched the Robson Green documentary on it but it was more about Robson Green than the walk.
Did it over 2 summer w/e's. Half and half. 40 odd miles over 2-3 days. Was quite surprised how much of the wall is still visible. Seem to remember it's quite flat.

Last edited:

Anyone done the harians wall walk? Looks very doable, 84 miles, perhaps 5/6 days. Watched the Robson Green documentary on it but it was more about Robson Green than the walk.
Asked this a while back in this thread. Granted wheather might be a issue but me and my mates are looking at doing it over 4 days, 5 at most

Done 3-4 miles each day this week locally, pleased with that and approaching 300 outdoor walking activity miles for the year. Wife dropped me off at Castle Eden Inn today and walked home, just shy of 4 miles in 1hr 4 mins. On site at work next week so a nice change of afternoon scenery will do me the world of good.

Walked along to Marsden yesterday. Didn't realise you could actually see the Cheviots looking beyond those flats near Tynemouth.

I assume that is what they were?

Walked along to Marsden yesterday. Didn't realise you could actually see the Cheviots looking beyond those flats near Tynemouth.

I assume that is what they were?
You can see them from all over the shop. On a clear day you can see them from Roseberry Topping and get a great perspective of the NE as a kind of bowl with the pennines to the west.

Really upped my game this month, averaged around 12k a day steps in Feb, that’s up to 18k per day between running and walking, bored to tears of my usual route in Durham but sticking with it for now.
That’s my only problem at the moment, think I’ve walked every route within a 20 mile radius back to front 10 times over. The weather is making things abit more enjoyable of late like. Roll on this lockdown ending
7.5 in the bag this afternoon. 435ish mile for the year

Last edited:
On my 5 hour walk today I continue to discover things about my East Yorkshire local area that even relative locals were oblivious to. A stretch of rail trail that I didn’t know about today and an old canal that I’ll be researching that nobody I know knew existed. Previously I’ve chanced upon country estates and villages that people knew the name of but were oblivious to the ancient fascinating history and beauty of them.

I got a little lost today and had to retrace my steps. I say by a stream for a break and a flask coffee and when I stood up I was surprised to see a family of four deer browsing (fairly) nearby. I thought they’d seen me and would be spooked but the wind must have been in the right direction. I stood very still and they wandered away. Nice.

Almost every time I walk I find a path that I make a mental note to explore next time.

Last week I walked the course (a grass verge really) of the oldest annual horse race in the world - first one in 1519. The week before I was walking past the place where King Edmond of Northumbria held a conference in 697 and where his wife converted, to Christianity, the high priest of the pagan temple in the village where my favourite pub sits.

I’m going to keep going till my hips seize up.

Work out at lunch
Walk after work 5-7 miles

getting a Apple Watch is one of the best things I’ve ever done. The monthly challenges are decent and I’ve set myself a target of 400000 steps in March , currently on 237,193

Love the 4 mile penshaw monument walk down to the river wear and back up. Really nice and relaxing
Do that walk most Days with me dog
5 mile for me from Washington side so lucky to have it on our doorstep 👍
Craster to Low Newton stunning walk done today
Got to be one of the most impressive views on a golf course playing hole up towards Dunstanburgh Castle 👍

Last edited:

Back