Going for a walk

I took up walking in the hope of recovering from some weird undiagnosed mystery illness that i was struggling with.

800 meters or so was the best I could do 18 months ago. Slowly built up to an unthinkable 5 k steps this summer. Ditched all meds the docs prescribed..... suffered for a week or two.....

I now aim for a minimum of 10 k steps a day, regularly do 17k with my personal record being 22k. I credit walking with my recovery.
What apps do you lot use?

I bought an Amazfit Verge watch mainly for when me and the boy are out on the bikes and use their own Zepp app (I didn't need all the bells that the wifes Garmin had and this more than does the trick), it links to Strava as well so you can track with your mates

Anywhere that is under 30 minutes walk I will walk to and not take bus/car. (Not using public transport at the minute) Luckily most of the stuff I need is in 30 minutes walk of my home. Me and missus talk most when we are out walking. Just make sure you have right clothes for the weather.

Anywhere that is under 30 minutes walk I will walk to and not take bus/car. (Not using public transport at the minute) Luckily most of the stuff I need is in 30 minutes walk of my home. Me and missus talk most when we are out walking. Just make sure you have right clothes for the weather.
At home my daughter is glued to her phone and you cant get a conversation out of her. Take her out for a walk and she talks.

Normally go a 17km stroll each day, down to Hampton Court or up to Weybridge,also do solo walking holidays in the alps, pyrenees, and himalayas.
Logon or register to see this image

Normally go a 17km stroll each day, down to Hampton Court or up to Weybridge,also do solo walking holidays in the alps, pyrenees, and himalayas.

There's a canny little coffee hut open at Cox Green on the River, ideal for a refuel
Heard that's supposed to be good 👍

Last edited:
Not often I'll go for a walk for the sake of going for a walk, but I had a socially distanced stroll with a mate from mine up to Silksworth then through Tunstall to Ryhope beach, up the coast a bit to Hendon, then past Backhouse and Barnes parks back home again.

Forgot to wear my GPS watch so it didn't even count. Pointless.

I have two dogs and live rurally. The walk through woods and fields clears my mind.

At home my daughter is glued to her phone and you cant get a conversation out of her. Take her out for a walk and she talks.

Mine have always opened up on dog walks when things have been troubling them.

Not just lazy lol just back, chest stomach pains

I need to mate I can't describe I just find it a chore
It’s the time of year mate and all the dog shit on the paths
After nights when I take the dog out I always see the same auld fella at 7.20 in the morning, out with his stick in all weather's.

Credit to him, but not sure I could be arsed tbh
That’s a scarecrow man

Back