Going for a walk

Anyone been up Derwent resovoir? Meaning how busy is it, had enough of Roker/seaburn being a tourist attraction so I may aswell do the same. Thinking a nice Sunday morning 7am trek around the water.

its crackers, fire engine couldn’t get down sand point road earlier because of the cars.
Even before the pandemic I went down early to avoid the crowds. See the same people each time but today it just seemed to get busy all of a sudden.
Last week I went out a bit later and we walked down by the river as far as the Marina but doubled back as it was rammed.
I'm not going to criticise people for heading down there, but it's not for me when it's busy.

Even before the pandemic I went down early to avoid the crowds. See the same people each time but today it just seemed to get busy all of a sudden.
Last week I went out a bit later and we walked down by the river as far as the Marina but doubled back as it was rammed.
I'm not going to criticise people for heading down there, but it's not for me when it's busy.

yeah I know, can’t imagine there is much joy in doing some walking around housing estates of whichever place people live, however we have no chance of seeing mates if it continues like it is.

Do people have walking shoes for this?

I’m not exactly doing hikes like, just normal streets but me foot does get a bit tender
Depends where you are going? My go to footwear when I'm walking in New Balance all terrain trainers, they arent waterproof though. If you are walking over heavy ground I'd get some boots

How many of you actually just go for a walk, I’m not inclined to just put on my clothes and go for a walk but I wish I could.
4/5 mile everyday it dosnt rain
Do people have walking shoes for this?

I’m not exactly doing hikes like, just normal streets but me foot does get a bit tender
I’ve just bought a new pair of walking shoes there taking some wearing in
my other ones lasted about 3 years I walk on pavements

Last edited:
No alchohol or takeaways since new years day and to be honest barring the first weekend I can't say I've missed it. I've walked 6\7 miles a day for the last 2 weeks or so. Just clocked up to 41 miles at teatime for this past week. . . be nice to see some improvement soon when I look in the mirror!

Bit shorter walk than usual this morning as I couldn't drag myself out of bed and the footpaths around here are lethal but still managed to do 30 mis around the estate. Hope to get at over lunchtime if I'm not too busy.

Weigh-in this morning was 7lbs lost since 1 Jan which is decent progress.

Last edited:

Back