Going for a walk

Done Roker to Souter and back today, 29,000 steps, 3.5 hours just over 10 miles.
Could murder a beer, is it February yet...
29k steps, you sure? I do the marina to minchellas at sheelz and its only 17k one way (coastal path). 7.5 miles. Last time I did there and back it only came to 31k (short route back).

Last edited:
First morning this week that I looked outside at 8am and couldn't be arsed to go for a walk. Having a bacon sarnie instead.

Might go out later.

First morning this week that I looked outside at 8am and couldn't be arsed to go for a walk. Having a bacon sarnie instead.

Might go out later.
Same with me the past couple of days. Need to get myself motivated
Motivated myself for a quick walk around the block

Last edited:
Been doing around 8/9km a day this week, which is about 17,000 steps

Harder to do when I am off work, but the rain doesnt put me off

Reckon I can lose weight doing that?

I weighed myself when I got up this morning and seemed to have lost a few pounds, but cant be sure what I was.
Good one today 👍
Logon or register to see this image

I thought I was doing well but some of you lads putting me to shame.

Last edited:
Been doing around 8/9km a day this week, which is about 17,000 steps

Harder to do when I am off work, but the rain doesnt put me off

Reckon I can lose weight doing that?

I weighed myself when I got up this morning and seemed to have lost a few pounds, but cant be sure what I was.

I thought I was doing well but some of you lads putting me to shame.
I an retired so plenty of free time 🚶‍♂️ more difficult if your working 👍

See my post above, you think thats a way to lose a few pounds? or do I need to do a lot more?
That depends upon how much excess weight you are carrying. I've been walking regularly since last March and mostly do 3 miles per day in addition to playing golf and I've lost half a stone roughly from being 11 stone.

That depends upon how much excess weight you are carrying. I've been walking regularly since last March and mostly do 3 miles per day in addition to playing golf and I've lost half a stone roughly from being 11 stone.

Not loads mate, naturally quite skinny, but no muscle so beer belly and weight on my face. Was like 12 stone 10, bit higher at worst, trying to get under 12. Really unfit though, I thought I was walking quite a lot but some good numbers on here!
You will lose weight, just keep at it, I started on 15000 steps a day, it didn't take long to tone up and start burning fat, good luck 👍

Nice one mate, cheers, hard to do loads more than that with work, but could on days off.

Back