Going for a walk

Anyone done Simonside Hills walk ?
Will it be ok with current weather
Looking for a walk tmorra thought might give it a go

Anyone done Simonside Hills walk ?
Will it be ok with current weather
Looking for a walk tmorra thought might give it a go
Went up that way a few years ago. I was on the top of Dove Crag when a jet flew between there and Simonside. It's an odd feeling to look down and see a jet flying beneath your feet.

Not sure I would fancy coming down in shitty weather mind. Rather go in August when it's all purple.

50.5 miles for the year so far (walking activities only). 1000 miles the aim again this year. just staying local for now though.

I've clocked up 50.6 miles having just got in from a 4 mile pavement pound around the doors (the south of Washington).

Walked every day bar 1 since the first, I'm also aiming for 1000 mile by the year end....would rather not be confined to just walking here but no option for now - podcasts are helping to distract from the depressing dark streets.....think my first none local walk (eventually once allowed) will be the Roseberry Topping-Captain Cooks monument-Great Ayton 8 miler again, done it a few times in recent years.

Hoping to get further afield quite a bit over the summer weekends if possible.

Last edited:
I've clocked up 50.6 miles having just got in from a 4 mile pavement pound around the doors (the south of Washington).

Walked every day bar 1 since the first, I'm also aiming for 1000 mile by the year end....would rather not be confined to just walking here but no option for now - podcasts are helping to distract from the depressing dark streets.....think my first none local walk (eventually once allowed) will be the Roseberry Topping-Captain Cooks monument-Great Ayton 8 miler again, done it a few times in recent years.

Hoping to get further afield quite a bit over the summer weekends if possible.
Managed 11.54 miles this morning. Wheatley Hill down to Monk Hesleden and back via the Haswell to Hart Walkway via Wingate and Castle Eden, such an underrated walk which eventually takes you all the time at to Hart/Crimdon. Very icy in places but a nice walk and very few people around which was a bonus. Lovely morning

Last edited:
Managed 11.54 miles this morning. Wheatley Hill down to Monk Hesleden and back via the Haswell to Hart Walkway via Wingate and Castle Eden, such an underrated walk which eventually takes you all the time at to Hart/Crimdon. Very icy in places but a nice walk and very few people around which was a bonus. Lovely morning
I've rode along there on my bike, it is cracking

Just under 5 miles walk for me today

Spectacular comedy fall on black ice yesterday. Proper cartoonish two feet in the air job. :lol:
Lay there for five minutes until I got my breath back with a Husky looking at me as if I was mad.
My mate had gone over on Friday and I spent the day mocking him. Met him yesterday and went over in front of him, so he got his revenge.
Don't think there's any permanent damage apart from maybe a bit whiplash. Got a stiff neck and a bit of an achy back this morning.

Very first thing I do in the morning is get myself out for a walk.

Things have been tough recently. My average daily energy expenditure has plumetted again since December. Have to make a conscious effort to go on a few weeks a day and mostly work standing up to combat it. I get out first thing in the morning and try another short walk around the park around midday and then again late evening. Gets a bit boring, but love the feeling

Very first thing I do in the morning is get myself out for a walk.

Things have been tough recently. My average daily energy expenditure has plumetted again since December. Have to make a conscious effort to go on a few weeks a day and mostly work standing up to combat it. I get out first thing in the morning and try another short walk around the park around midday and then again late evening. Gets a bit boring, but love the feeling
Cracking day for a walk mind

Walked down the seafront with the kids and along roker beach. I still can’t grasp the amount of people out walking but what else is there to do

Never normally go for a walk on a Sunday morning (usually too hungover) but it was bright sunshine at 9am so did 3 miles before a late breakfast. Felt I had earned the bacon sarnie after that.

Just shy of four miles for me this morning. As it was a half decent morning all the side by side wankers were out taking up the width of the pavement.

Just move to one side or if you’re like me just walk straight ahead and they’ll move. Fuckem if they are being selfish and putting you in an uncomfortable position then let them decide. Move over or let’s have a shoulder challenge. I’m a cvun tho so this is not advice

Back