Gods of Snooker BBC iPlayer

Seen him play Dave Harold in Preston early nineties, got free tickets inc back stage, think he was 3-1 down at the break, came in had 4 pints of Guinness and a few whiskies in 15 minutes, went back out and won next 4 frames🤣🤣
When playing at Preston Guild Hall the players would often frequent the nearby Stanley Arms pub.
Was in there one night and in walked 4 of the superstars - Thorburn , Webernuik , Dracula and Virgo -wouldn’t let us pay for any drinks and regaled us with some magnificent tales.
Top blokes - great night.

When playing at Preston Guild Hall the players would often frequent the nearby Stanley Arms pub.
Was in there one night and in walked 4 of the superstars - Thorburn , Webernuik , Dracula and Virgo -wouldn’t let us pay for any drinks and regaled us with some magnificent tales.
Top blokes - great night.
Our lass was the receptionist at the hotel near the bus station and all the players stayed there, she had to move all the cars cos they would double park the cars in the tiny hotel carpark,I was allowed in late on and some of the pool games had canny amounts of money on them, some cracking nights in there with Hendry, O'sullivan, White and a fair few others

Our lass was the receptionist at the hotel near the bus station and all the players stayed there, she had to move all the cars cos they would double park the cars in the tiny hotel carpark,I was allowed in late on and some of the pool games had canny amounts of money on them, some cracking nights in there with Hendry, O'sullivan, White and a fair few others
Aye - that was The Crest Hotel on Ringway as you say next to the (award winning !!, eh ?) bus station.
I ve parked there many a time - the car park designer lost his scale rule.

Aye - that was The Crest Hotel on Ringway as you say next to the (award winning !!, eh ?) bus station.
I ve parked there many a time - the car park designer lost his scale rule.
Yeah that's the one, pretty sure there used to be a few jumpers off that bus station😪

Yeah that's the one, pretty sure there used to be a few jumpers off that bus station😪
That’s sadly true mate . I think they’ve fitted safety barriers now.
I ll be parking there tomorrow as it happens ,to get my second jab as the vaccination centre is StJohns Centre next to the bus station concourse.

💉 😲

Absolutely tremendous watch. Equally quite devastating at times. I have to say I'm very envious of those who watched these legends of the game in their prime.

There's such a raw, human element to it.

Absolutely tremendous watch. Equally quite devastating at times. I have to say I'm very envious of those who watched these legends of the game in their prime.

There's such a raw, human element to it.
I so love snooker
I think one of the best things I have ever seen may be ROS absolutely humiliating Sean Murphy one time, he absolutely threw the next game against Ding as if to really underscore what his whole purpose for being there was

I so love snooker
I think one of the best things I have ever seen may be ROS absolutely humiliating Sean Murphy one time, he absolutely threw the next game against Ding as if to really underscore what his whole purpose for being there was
I reckon it's like life. It can be so engrossing, or just a complete slog, but sometimes it delivers such beautiful moments.

Back