Gods Of Rap

Wu-Tang are one of me favourite ever bands. I will never bother seeing them live ever again. They're f***ing useless - either only half of them turn up or they all turn up and 6 or 7 of them can't be arsed and barely go through the motions. Stick to the records.

Went to the Academy about three years ago. I’m still not 100% sure any of the on stage participants were actually members of the Wu.

Why is Method Man not on the tour?

Because he makes his money as a solo artist.

wu tang, public enemy and de la soul, I am off tomorrow to Manchester to see the Wu mainly. Anyone going?

By the way Method Man won’t be there
I found it strange putting these all together.
It takes a nation of millions and three feet high were out just over 30 years ago, when I loved rap.
Wu tan must have been out several years after, in a different time frame.

I found it strange putting these all together.
It takes a nation of millions and three feet high were out just over 30 years ago, when I loved rap.
Wu tan must have been out several years after, in a different time frame.
5 years between ITANOM and 36 Chambers. Nowt really. They are 3 of the most important acts in hiphop history too, so well put together really.

5 years between ITANOM and 36 Chambers. Nowt really. They are 3 of the most important acts in hiphop history too, so well put together really.
Aye. See where you're coming from.
Just me and my mates all got into hip hop together in about 87 and and was into it all through secondary school/6th form (till we found rave). Stopped buying hip hop in about 91/92, so our era was all the old school, which I wouldn't put wu tang as.
We go to see quite a few hip hop events but gave this a miss as none of us have a clue about wu tan.
I was thinking most folk would have just been into hip hop for a certain time span like us lot, but obviously most into hip hop will like all eras, not just mine of 87-91 (id think I have most albums from this time span!)

Just me and my mates all got into hip hop together in about 87 and and was into it all through secondary school/6th form (till we found rave). Stopped buying hip hop in about 91/92, so our era was all the old school, which I wouldn't put wu tang as.
We go to see quite a few hip hop events but gave this a miss as none of us have a clue about wu tan.
I was thinking most folk would have just been into hip hop for a certain time span like us lot, but obviously most into hip hop will like all eras, not just mine of 87-91 (id think I have most albums from this time span!)

You need to get into the Wu, man. Their first couple of albums are incredible and 9 or 10 of the solo albums are brilliant too.

Wu solos The Pillage, The Keynote Speaker, Beneath The Surface, Digital Bullet, Pro Tools, Apollo Kids; respectable - excluding the norms for a minute.

The Pillage is just class regardless.

I've been massively into Hip Hop since 1983, the era you mention was a class as fuck era like.

Last edited:
Wu solos The Pillage, The Keynote Speaker, Beneath The Surface, Digital Bullet, Pro Tools, Apollo Kids; respectable - excluding the norms for a minute.

The Pillage is just class regardless.
Aye. Cappadonna's underrated to fuck.

Wu is a whole universe in itself. You've got all the Wu affiliates like Sunz Of Man/Killah Priest, Gravediggaz, Killarmy, WuSyndicate and loads more all with amazing records.

Killah Preist's Heavy Mental and the Ghost Dog soundtrack are 2 of me favourite ever albums.

Aye. Cappadonna's underrated to fuck.

Wu is a whole universe in itself. You've got all the Wu affiliates like Sunz Of Man/Killah Priest, Gravediggaz, Killarmy, WuSyndicate and loads more all with amazing records.

Killah Preist's Heavy Mental and the Ghost Dog soundtrack are 2 of me favourite ever albums.
Very. Ice Water and Iron Maiden sailed over heads; Winter Wars did that.
"Pillage", "Everything Is Everything", "Dart Throwing", "MCF", "Splish Splash".

4th Disciple's mental - the ones in bold
The Psychic World Of Walter Reed's a corker.

Affirm part 2, too. Ghost Dog OST (Japan) score's minty.

Side point: Necklace, Mistaken Identity, Pioneer The Frontier, Hold The Heater - A Better Tomorrow; starting to grow, away from the R n B sing-song bloat. :)

This (Cap freestyled surely)

This is class by him.:cool: The groove going on at the end is just simply outstanding.
In my eyes, he's not just a rap legend, he is a Rap God!!

He's the best for me. Smooth, clever with his lyrics and I like the fact he doesn't need to swear to get his point across (on his early stuff anyways). I'm sure he was meant to do a gig in Greenwich about 5/6 years ago but it got cancelled. Someone needs to get him over here, would be class.

The two blackout albums red and meth did together are class, da rockweilder been a personal favorite track

Cereal Killer for me, find myself humming that one with some regularity!

Back