God of War Ragnarök

Aye solid on that difficulty like, even dropping it to balanced there was still some pain in the arse fights that took me many many tries. Good luck if you stick with it haha

I always try to start games on hard and then fuck it off when I get proper stuck.

I was able to get through the last game story pretty easily on hard but couldn't do the Valkeries at all.

Playing this at the moment and finding it tedious and overrated compared to the 2018 release. I can only play an hour or two at a time before I get fed up and turn it off.

It's like one big interactive cutscene: linear and heavily story-driven except the story isn't actually very good. Combat is worse (just a tangle of easily forgettable key combos so you end up spamming the same ones), still no build variety, skills/equipment page are a downgrade on 2018, same monsters on repeat. I like being able to play as Atreus first person but he's become very annoying in a Scrappy Do or Gaby from AOT way.

I got Thymesia from the wife for my birthday so if it doesn't pick up I'll move on to that.
I always try to start games on hard and then fuck it off when I get proper stuck.

I was able to get through the last game story pretty easily on hard but couldn't do the Valkeries at all.
Valkyries were stupid, significantly much harder than anything else in the game. A gaming mate punched a hole in his door he was so fucked off with them. :D

Last edited:
Just got back into this after playing the opening 6 hours and then leaving it.

Absolutely awesome so far about 12 hours in. Epic.

This and the first one are up there with The Last of Us 1+2 as some of the best games ever made imo.

Just got back into this after playing the opening 6 hours and then leaving it.

Absolutely awesome so far about 12 hours in. Epic.

This and the first one are up there with The Last of Us 1+2 as some of the best games ever made imo.

Stopped playing the first one. It just doesnt seem to be going anywhere and I keep getting stuck with no clue where to go

Back