Goals

Wonder what excuse bowyer will come up with if it reaches penalties we have to take them at our ground for safety every one on the bus what a twat

Has there been any explanation of this. I am surprised Doncaster didn't kick up more of a stink was a shitty move.

I guess if it goes to penalties they will have to be taken from our goal seeing as they invaded the pitch.

Has there been any explanation of this. I am surprised Doncaster didn't kick up more of a stink was a shitty move.

I guess if it goes to penalties they will have to be taken from our goal seeing as they invaded the pitch.
Not a word just for safety reasons but he a mag what do you expect from a bunch of cheating inbreds

Sunderland's last six matches have produced 6 goals.

Charlton's last six matches have produced 14 goals plus Vetokele is fully fit.

I haven't seen any of your matches so wondering if you think this one statistic will factor in the minds of players and fans.

Is that including Doncaster's 4? They didn't score at all against us this season.

It's pretty much a 50 / 50 game. We took 4 points of Charlton this season. However, Charlton choked big style against a poor Donny side on Friday. They didn't score a goal in the play offs last year either.

It will be interesting to see if they bottle it in front of 80K at Wembley?

For me the game will be won in midfield. Charlton are a strong attacking side and have a decent defence. I don’t think their keeper is quite as steady as McLaughlain.

But the midfield is their weak point from what I can see. Strangle the game there, cut the supply to Taylor and Aribo and they are there for the taking. They will have their hands full with McGeady and Maguire anyway. Plus they don’t have enough experience for the big stage. Nothing to fear for us.

Is that including Doncaster's 4? They didn't score at all against us this season.

It's pretty much a 50 / 50 game. We took 4 points of Charlton this season. However, Charlton choked big style against a poor Donny side on Friday. They didn't score a goal in the play offs last year either.

It will be interesting to see if they bottle it in front of 80K at Wembley?

A few of the players admitted they were phased by the capacity crowd, so that really doesn't auger well for the final.

For me the game will be won in midfield. Charlton are a strong attacking side and have a decent defence. I don’t think their keeper is quite as steady as McLaughlain.

But the midfield is their weak point from what I can see. Strangle the game there, cut the supply to Taylor and Aribo and they are there for the taking. They will have their hands full with McGeady and Maguire anyway. Plus they don’t have enough experience for the big stage. Nothing to fear for us.

I agree re "The Big Stage" we have a few kids who have never had a big occasion.

Shit is Vetokele fit?

Nivva hord of him

He was red hot at first, got injured and lost form, but last few matches he's played he ran the game. He'll be brilliant or shite!

Last edited:
Not a word just for safety reasons but he a mag what do you expect from a bunch of cheating inbreds

Just like to add that I don't associate with the inbreds due to ,my North East roots...so probably related to someone on this forum. Family name "Blakelock"

Genuinely never heard of him, what position does he play?

For the final alongside Taylor with Aribo behind. He's tricky, holds the ball well and although not as prolific as Grant, he takes a lot of marking. Think Parker will start with Igor coming on if we go behind.

Forget what I've just posted, looks like we're going for it.

Probable line up.

Phillips
Bielik, Bauer, Sarr
Dijksteel, Cullen, Aribo, Purrington
Williams
Taylor, Vetokele

This gets the best out of Cullen, and he can play a classy game on his day.

Last edited:
Sunderland's last six matches have produced 6 goals.

Charlton's last six matches have produced 14 goals plus Vetokele is fully fit.

I haven't seen any of your matches so wondering if you think this one statistic will factor in the minds of players and fans.

SMB celebrations for our 3 goals against Charlton:

1st Goal Gerrin
2nd Goal Herring
3rd Goal Haddock

a twat cannot change his spots, he is still, and will remain a twat.

Nope, it's just your thoughts. I've seen change for the good in many people over the course of my life....maybe you don't generally like people, or even get a bit angry when someone does in fact change thus taking away your right to keep calling them a twat.

I'm a touche kind of guy.

It's Wembley and a one of match, stats and previous out of the window for these type of matches (unless totally mismatched like Man City the other day).

Anyones game. Depends on who does the business on the day by putting the ball in the net.

Back