Go North East to strike

Pre covid everything was cheaper though, fuel being the main one, id hate to see the monthly cost of diesel for any of the bus companies. Maybe the government could allow them to use red diesel if it would mean a better service, I know they are trying to move to eV buses but they are a big outlay and then still have costs.
Agree, now imagine all the small businesses that are being effected by this strike that still have all the bills to pay that have lost a huge percentage of their customer base at the busiest time of year. It's going to kill off a fair bit of those the longer it goes on.
What income will be coming in?
I guess the Skelton service and whatever they get for scholar buses etc?.

Pre covid everything was cheaper though, fuel being the main one, id hate to see the monthly cost of diesel for any of the bus companies. Maybe the government could allow them to use red diesel if it would mean a better service, I know they are trying to move to eV buses but they are a big outlay and then still have costs.
Would you not have every other type of transport business particularly those in passenger transport arguing for the same concession.
cabbies being able to use Kero for example ?

Would you not have every other type of transport business particularly those in passenger transport arguing for the same concession.
cabbies being able to use Kero for example ?
More than likely, but those industries aren't already getting subsidises from the government to my knowledge. The money needs to come from somewhere outside or saved as it looks like neither side are backing down.

How much was fuel before covid?

Just a quick Google for July 2019 says it was around £1.31 so around about 15% cheaper than it is now, it pains me and I only use around 100 litres a week so for a company the size of GNE it'll be a huge increase.
True. Everything else seems to have gone up much more than that though.

Day off just passed through Park Lane strange barely seeing anyone around the bus station

Also seen a GNE bus heading into town was that shocked was tempted for a second to take a picture of this rare sighting

Day off just passed through Park Lane strange barely seeing anyone around the bus station

Also seen a GNE bus heading into town was that shocked was tempted for a second to take a picture of this rare sighting
I know was the same the other day in Houghton, first day back it was like seeing a lion in the wild.

True. Everything else seems to have gone up much more than that though.
Yeah, it's a shitty circle because fuel goes up means everything that uses fuel goes up so then wages need to increase which means any products or services need to increase too, also everything goes up a lot faster than it comes down.

Just in my line of business, everything has gone up by at least 1 or 2 price points, I was lucky that I bought loads during covid/last year so been sitting on stock but the same jacket this season from Nike is over £100 whereas I got them last year for £55.

I hope they get what they want after it costing me and thousands of others personally they f***ing better had. But to play devil's advocate, where does this money come from when it's not a profitable business? That's gne not parent companies etc as that's not how business works. That's why I find the pr from both sides laughable but the unite back of a sofa or stroke of a pen pr absolutely laughable. That's how it works 😂😂
It's up to the management to come up with ideas to make the business profitable. That's what they get paid decent money to do. If they can't turn the business around then the might as well pack it in.

Yeah, it's a shitty circle because fuel goes up means everything that uses fuel goes up so then wages need to increase which means any products or services need to increase too, also everything goes up a lot faster than it comes down.

I said this ages ago when inflation was soaring.

All the politicians blamed it on the rising cost of fuel and energy.

Not one of them mentioned that maybe reducing the tax on these things might slow things down a bit.

Back