GNR 2023

Fred

Winger
If anyone has forgot about it, ballot ends on Monday. Just entered it myself for the first time in about 9 years on a whim.

Fingers crossed but I'm doubtful I'll get in. How many usually ballot to get in and how many actually get in now?

I didn't get in which is a shame because I'm fit enough to do it now. They need to start setting a criteria for people who are serious about doing it. It's about frustrating when you can see people haven't trained for it and end up walking half of it

I didn't get in which is a shame because I'm fit enough to do it now. They need to start setting a criteria for people who are serious about doing it. It's about frustrating when you can see people haven't trained for it and end up walking half of it

It's not a serious run any longer. Money making exercise as proven when they fcuked off shields 2 years ago. That was my last one. Much better runs out there imo.

It's not a serious run any longer. Money making exercise as proven when they fcuked off shields 2 years ago. That was my last one. Much better runs out there imo.

I disagree.

Thousands of runners take it seriously.

Stellar names taking part pretty much every year.

Club runners turn up en mass from all over the country.

Televised on a prime TV slot for hours.

However, I agree about the price. Its absolutely appalling.

I disagree.

Thousands of runners take it seriously.

Stellar names taking part pretty much every year.

Club runners turn up en mass from all over the country.

Televised on a prime TV slot for hours.

However, I agree about the price. Its absolutely appalling.
Big names go where the pay is to be honest.

Its an event not a run. Most club runners would agree. Compare it to say manchester marathon. I know which is the better run event and which is about the sport and not money.

Made it through the ballot. Running for the Willow Foundation this year on behalf of my brothers wife who at the age of 32 is terminal.

Appreciate everyone has their reasons for running etc, but it puts a total different mood on it when it’s direct family. It’s hideous

I'm in. Missed the last couple because of the price and how you cannot get round without weaving in and out of people, but met the wife at the finish line last year and really missed the atmosphere and want to do it this year and just accept a slow time.

Made it through the ballot. Running for the Willow Foundation this year on behalf of my brothers wife who at the age of 32 is terminal.

Appreciate everyone has their reasons for running etc, but it puts a total different mood on it when it’s direct family. It’s hideous
That's brutal news. If you ever need a hand with training, give me a heads up. I'm a qualified running coach so can offer tips.

I'm in. Missed the last couple because of the price and how you cannot get round without weaving in and out of people, but met the wife at the finish line last year and really missed the atmosphere and want to do it this year and just accept a slow time.

Depends entirely on where you start. If you're in the orange pens the vast majority of people are of a decent standard & any that aren't have been dropped by the time you're at the bridge.

Back