GNR 2021

5th one for me, 1hr 45 mins PB . The last mile and a half could have been thought put better IMO, was a canny climb to the finish

Class mate, well done. I quite liked the bit through Newcastle, it made it go a bit faster. The slog up the Great North Road was exactly that though.

Watching the coverage back, I didn’t realise this course was hillier than the usual.

1:51:44 which was 30 seconds slower than my 2019 time. That said, I was expecting a time of 1:55 so I'm still pleased given it was my first half marathon in two years and my training wasn't quite as rigorous as previous years.

The final incline on Felling Bypass and up onto Gateshead Highway absolutely ruined me. I was doing well for time at that point but the climb just completely emptied what was left in the tank and my pace never really recovered.

I’ve been chasing a sub 2hr for a while now and was well on track up until 10 miles and just felt a ping in my knee, had to hobble the last 3 miles - gutted 😞 raised money for charity though, that’s the main thing! Enjoyed the course more than I thought I would, but still nowhere near as good as finishing in Shields!

First timer here. 2:09:47. My 4th time running 13.1 miles but 1st proper event.

How’d you get on? Well done to all who took part!
First one for me. Was aiming for sub 2:15, which I made with 15 seconds to spare! I felt brilliant up to 10 miles, then you had that double climb up to the flyover, which was tough. Then downhill to the bridge was good. But everything through town was a killer. Hoping to get in next year when it goes back to the proper route, but I had a fantastic day (well, weekend, what with the football).

First one for me. Was aiming for sub 2:15, which I made with 15 seconds to spare! I felt brilliant up to 10 miles, then you had that double climb up to the flyover, which was tough. Then downhill to the bridge was good. But everything through town was a killer. Hoping to get in next year when it goes back to the proper route, but I had a fantastic day (well, weekend, what with the football).

Excellent mate. That’s the beauty of the GNR, you can come 20000th and still feel like you’ve achieved! I felt mint coming down towards Gateshead stadium the 2nd time, and the climb off the bypass and onto the flyover did me as well.

I enjoyed Newcastle as the people made it go faster, the last mile to the finish was a proper slog.

Well done again.

Back