GNR 2020

Tatty

Striker
Who else is running this year's GNR? Not had email confirmation yet but the money has gone out of my account today so I'm guessing I'm in.

Not run it before (only races I've ever done are a couple of Darlo 10Ks) but I have done a few halves around the streets (1hr 55ish) so I know I can do the distance. I've heard it's a bit of a faff on, what with the sheer number of people. If it hadn't been for a bunch of colleagues trying to do it together I'd have probably picked something else for my first half marathon race. But the atmosphere should be good - I'll be glad to experience it once.

Who else is running this year's GNR? Not had email confirmation yet but the money has gone out of my account today so I'm guessing I'm in.

Not run it before (only races I've ever done are a couple of Darlo 10Ks) but I have done a few halves around the streets (1hr 55ish) so I know I can do the distance. I've heard it's a bit of a faff on, what with the sheer number of people. If it hadn't been for a bunch of colleagues trying to do it together I'd have probably picked something else for my first half marathon race. But the atmosphere should be good - I'll be glad to experience it once.

You are in, a large running group i am in, a few in there are saying theyve had money taken out today.
Well done, nothing gone from mine.

I have a pending transaction of £58 showing yesterdays date. guessing that means i have a place.

Out of interest did anyone sign up for the 3 year Ruby Membership for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 races? someone at work paid for it but wont say how much it cost. Apparently "not much more" than normal membership

Nothing out of my account so assume I haven't got in. Did my first one last September. I didn't find the number of people a problem. You have to make sure you are in the right pen to start with. You won't find this out until much closer to the date, but if you're too far back you will lose time zig zagging. If they put you too far back you can change your pen the day before by showing them some Strava training runs. I was in the pen with expected times of 1hr 50/55 so you should be fine with a time like that

The atmosphere is brilliant, definitely a positive experience.

Entered ballot for first time this year, no pending payment or email but 2 mates have had their email.

Anyone know if it's all done on one day or if they run it throughout the week?

Don't want to request a charity place if theres still a chance of me getting a ballot confirmation.

Entered ballot for first time this year, no pending payment or email but 2 mates have had their email.

Anyone know if it's all done on one day or if they run it throughout the week?

Don't want to request a charity place if theres still a chance of me getting a ballot confirmation.

You can check yourself mate but if they haven’t lodged for the money now I think you’re not getting a place.

Back