GNR 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw it as around 17 for 11pm, I might be wrong like. I went past the sign for half way and it said 13degrees, there was no chance it was that low like haha

:lol: I think when everyone around me read that on the board we all simultaneously thought "you lying shits!" It felt WAY hotter than 13.

My main concern with the heat was not having brought any suncream because I burn quite easily. I'd stayed well hydrated in the days leading up to it and started the day off with a few pints of water so wasn't too concerned as I always run holding a water bottle anyway for longer runs. In the starting pens I managed to find a shaded area alongside one of the things holding the speakers up so managed to get out of the sun for the 20 minutes or so just waiting around before the start.

:lol: I think when everyone around me read that on the board we all simultaneously thought "you lying shits!" It felt WAY hotter than 13.

My main concern with the heat was not having brought any suncream because I burn quite easily. I'd stayed well hydrated in the days leading up to it and started the day off with a few pints of water so wasn't too concerned as I always run holding a water bottle anyway for longer runs. In the starting pens I managed to find a shaded area alongside one of the things holding the speakers up so managed to get out of the sun for the 20 minutes or so just waiting around before the start.

If you think you were hot imagine how I felt I an massive zippy head and outfit haha.

I was sunburned to bits on the Sunday night :(

I was sunburned to bits on the Sunday night :(

Aye, I had some interesting tan lines from my running vest, sweatband (wrist) and armband thing for my phone.

Walked the equivalent distance in 2:56:41 today. Might just do that next year instead of bothering to run.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back