Gnanduillet

He's f***ing garbage though, Wyke is younger and has a far far better goalscoring record.
Also, anyone who thinks he can't be worse than what we have already got need to take a long hard look at the team we've ended up with after thinking the same about shit loads of players we've had the last few years

I've hardly seen him play, like most on here I've seen a lot of Grigg and Wyke though so can safely say they are absolutely awful.

Last thing we need to be doing though is replacing shite with even worse shite
I don't think he's worse. Even if he doesn't score he has a physical presence, height and pace. He was a handful last season, now seems to added goals. If Grigg doesn't score he offers nothing. So the vast majority of thr time he offers nothing.

I’d rather we didn’t build an all star league 1 team at this point.

That's exactly what we should have done. We had a season to see who the outstanding performers were. There would have been players that didnt get promoted that still would see sunderland as a step up regardless of league. If wed cherry picked the top half dozen players wed be in a hell of a better position than we are from ponsing free transfers from the championship. We might have had to spend a few quid tho.
If we can’t get someone young (no older than 25) eager pacy strong and on the up who can develop with us I’d rather we looked at the loan market for similar.

Like sterling? Or ashley fletcher. Jesus christ we can pick em

Most of his goals are close range finishes that look like they shouldn't have gone in.

Seen as we aren't capable of passing to players in the box I doubt he'd score many.

That's exactly what we should have done. We had a season to see who the outstanding performers were. There would have been players that didnt get promoted that still would see sunderland as a step up regardless of league. If wed cherry picked the top half dozen players wed be in a hell of a better position than we are from ponsing free transfers from the championship. We might have had to spend a few quid tho.

Like sterling? Or ashley fletcher. Jesus christ we can pick em

That’s what we tried to do though. Just didn’t work, we’ve taken Wyke & Grigg for striker and it hasn’t worked. Both under contract beyond this season and into the next, last thing we want to do is to carry another one.

I'd much rather get George Hirst in from Leicester on loan and look to buy our own new championship standard forward should we get promoted. He looks a real talent and caused massive problems for Willis and Lynch when he played against them recently.

Back