Gnanduillet

It's not as though he's a kid though. He's 27. That said, I'd take a punt on anyone if it means we don't have to rely on Grigg and Wyke.

He's f***ing garbage though, Wyke is younger and has a far far better goalscoring record.
Also, anyone who thinks he can't be worse than what we have already got need to take a long hard look at the team we've ended up with after thinking the same about shit loads of players we've had the last few years

Last edited:

He's f***ing garbage though, Wyke is younger and has a far far better goalscoring record.
Also, anyone who thinks he can't be worse than what we have already got need to take a long hard look at the team we've ended up with after thinking the same about shit loads of players we've had the last few years
Even looks like his name is spelled incorrect

My Blackpool supporting mate says he would gladly drive him up here himself. Strong and big but very inconsistent

I actually went to the Blackpool game yesterday as I was down here this weekend.

He was definitely the stand out player for them yesterday. Big strong bloke and actually had decent feet for being so tall. Took both his goals well.

The time to buy gnanduillet was either last January or last summer when the price would have been more reasonable. They’ll be asking for significant money for him now. If we had decent amounts to spend and we’re looking at league one talent then Clarke-Harris would be the standout - as he was in the summer. Give where we are though, I suspect we’ll go for a grizzled performer on loan. I just hope we back this up with a promising young striker on a permanent deal. Yes we have to look to the short term but it’s WAY past time for us to think about how the squad is going to look over a multi season period. There are absolutely no excuses for taking a myopic, short term view with this money from FPP. I’d argue that there never was, but that’s by the by. Time for the club to sort its life out.

Why? We need promotion.

Championship failures haven't worked and this lad seems on the up as O'Nien was

... I’ll add that I don’t think O’Nien is all that anarl.

I just look at the likes of Wyke & Grigg who they brought in where it hasn’t worked. He’d cost a standard fee and we’d be giving out a 2 and a half year deal. I’m cautious about giving these deals to these types of players, I’m worried the squad is only going to continually get weaker as we add players at around league 1 level. Not to mention I think the step up from L1 to CH is massive (outside the bottom 3-4 championship teams). Would much rather see us take a go on a loan, it’s low risk, I know it didn’t work with Sterling & Sinclair but I’d give it another go.

Last edited by a moderator:
The time to buy gnanduillet was either last January or last summer when the price would have been more reasonable. They’ll be asking for significant money for him now. If we had decent amounts to spend and we’re looking at league one talent then Clarke-Harris would be the standout - as he was in the summer. Give where we are though, I suspect we’ll go for a grizzled performer on loan. I just hope we back this up with a promising young striker on a permanent deal. Yes we have to look to the short term but it’s WAY past time for us to think about how the squad is going to look over a multi season period. There are absolutely no excuses for taking a myopic, short term view with this money from FPP. I’d argue that there never was, but that’s by the by. Time for the club to sort its life out.
Cant ask much mate hes out of contract end of season
My Blackpool supporting mate says he would gladly drive him up here himself. Strong and big but very inconsistent
Champion,tell ya mate i will meet him in Kirkby Stephen i will have a little irish lad with me we can swap.

Last edited:
10 goals this season. out of contract end of the season. sure he scored past us at the sol. Worth a try in Jan?

Watched the second half yesterday and he was horrific. Ball bouncing off him, no effort and throwing his arms up in the air as if it was everyone else's fault. Makes CW look like an international player - no thanks.

Watched the second half yesterday and he was horrific. Ball bouncing off him, no effort and throwing his arms up in the air as if it was everyone else's fault. Makes CW look like an international player - no thanks.
So differing opinions on him yesterday,however we are missing the point.What is important that grigg and wyke are no where near the team

He lived with my sister in laws best mates parents house in chesterfield as a lodger when he first come into the country couldn’t speak a word of English she was out with him few months ago canny lad by all accounts, her dad is originally from Sunderland and is a massive Sunderland fan hes considered one of the family so I imagine he’s on at him to sign for us .

Back