Gnanduillet

Is he even good though, is he what we need? Before this season I don't think he'd scored many goals had he?
He hadn't. But if he's not scoring he's still a handful. I'd back him over any of our current crop. And unlike any of our current forwards, with his physical attributes and the trajectory his career is going, there's a chance he could be a championship squad player.

Straight swap for Grigg in January. Here's why it makes sense :

Grigg gets to go back to the North West and have a much needed fresh start. Blackpool don't lose Gnauduillet for nothing (contract expires in the summer) and get to replace him with one of the top goalscorers in the league in the last 5 years. Although we think he's shite, Grayson will think he can turn it around. We begin to address our lack of pace, height and power and offload a player who's confidence is shot to pieces. Would be a deal that makes sense.
I like your thinking but Blackpool are never going to pay Grigg what he's on with us

He hadn't. But if he's not scoring he's still a handful. I'd back him over any of our current crop. And unlike any of our current forwards, with his physical attributes and the trajectory his career is going, there's a chance he could be a championship squad player.

It's not as though he's a kid though. He's 27. That said, I'd take a punt on anyone if it means we don't have to rely on Grigg and Wyke.

I like your thinking but Blackpool are never going to pay Grigg what he's on with us
Yep thats the problem,but either way we are gonna lose money so could give them grigg and some cash to bridge wage gap.I know that sounds crap but we are not going up if grigg and wyke are anywhere near the team,so gonna have to suck it up.

Grigg gets to go back to the North West and have a much needed fresh start. Blackpool don't lose Gnauduillet for nothing (contract expires in the summer) and get to replace him with one of the top goalscorers in the league in the last 5 years. Although we think he's shite, Grayson will think he can turn it around. We begin to address our lack of pace, height and power and offload a player who's confidence is shot to pieces. Would be a deal that makes sense.
That might be a tough sell to a club who are also in the running for promotion. I doubt anyone south of the premier league would be willing to match Grigg's terms and no-one north of league one would want him. I can see Grigg going on season long loans until his contract expires.

That might be a tough sell to a club who are also in the running for promotion. I doubt anyone south of the premier league would be willing to match Grigg's terms and no-one north of league one would want him. I can see Grigg going on season long loans until his contract expires.
They would think of getting Grigg as a coup. He'll still be highly rated at league one level despite whats happened here. I wouldn't expect Grigg to take a massive paycut, we'd have to come up with some sort of deal with him. I would expect him to be prepared to take a bit of a paycut. There'd be an incentive for him to enjoy his football, not be hated and move back with his family.

I’d rather we didn’t build an all star league 1 team at this point.
Why not? We are in league one with players who bar 09 most teams in the top half wouldn't touch whether that be down to attitude, ability or general ponderousness if that's a word, it wouldn't take much to get out of this league so the best in this league would be better than what we have right now?

They would think of getting Grigg as a coup. He'll still be highly rated at league one level despite whats happened here. I wouldn't expect Grigg to take a massive paycut, we'd have to come up with some sort of deal with him. I would expect him to be prepared to take a bit of a paycut. There'd be an incentive for him to enjoy his football, not be hated and move back with his family.
Thats it he hasnt moved family over thank god,so surely he would like to get settled back home .He cant be enjoying this

He won't take a paycut marra. If players took a pay cut for being shite we'd have more cash than Man City. He'll see his contract out or we'll end up paying him off.

He won't take a paycut marra. If players took a pay cut for being shite we'd have more cash than Man City. He'll see his contract out or we'll end up paying him off.
I understand the importance of money. We'll need to come up with a compromise. So we partially pay him off. Or he can stay here, be hated and away from his family. He needs to be realistic that he isn't going to be paid off in full.
Like Wyke?
Wyke isn't even that big. Not really any attributes to work with.

Last edited:
Why not? We are in league one with players who bar 09 most teams in the top half wouldn't touch whether that be down to attitude, ability or general ponderousness if that's a word, it wouldn't take much to get out of this league so the best in this league would be better than what we have right now?

I just look at the likes of Wyke & Grigg who they brought in where it hasn’t worked. He’d cost a standard fee and we’d be giving out a 2 and a half year deal. I’m cautious about giving these deals to these types of players, I’m worried the squad is only going to continually get weaker as we add players at around league 1 level. Not to mention I think the step up from L1 to CH is massive (outside the bottom 3-4 championship teams). Would much rather see us take a go on a loan, it’s low risk, I know it didn’t work with Sterling & Sinclair but I’d give it another go.

Hes shit, was woeful for Blackpool last year
Better than what we have atm so yes get him on board.

No he f***ing isnt

bollocks

Last edited:
I understand the importance of money. We'll need to come up with a compromise. So we partially pay him off. Or he can stay here, be hated and away from his family. He needs to be realistic that he isn't going to be paid off in full.

Wyke isn't even that big. Not really any attributes to work with.

5'6 apparently.

Back