Glenn Loovens

He was terrible last year but looked surprisingly sharp in pre-season. Shame he gets injured all the time as he’d be useful for the Checkatrade. Plus if his off the field influence is as posted, it can only be good for Willis

Apparently he has a beneficial effect on the squad off the pitch...and with the length of contract is there really going to be a measureable saving even if he agreed to a payoff and with potential cup runs I pretty much guarantee he'll get games. This is a classic case of hoying baby out with the bathwater. He isn't part of the ludicrous largesse of the previous regime...he's no Djillibodgi etc etc. Leave the lad alone, he's done nowt wrong apart from get older imho...anyone not guilty of that?
Benjamin Button?

Why don’t we just pay him off? He’s obviously had a decent career but he’s clearly finished and probably won’t play for us again. Wonder if the club don’t want to rip his contract up because Jack Ross and Tony Coton will be criticised for poor recruitment.

Played OK in the Checkatrade games last season. Legs have gone sadly but may be influential behind the scenes?

He has. He's number 24.

My error then...I originally looked at the Portsmouth match programme (players stats.) in which he is not listed....but as you correctly state, he is numbered at 24 ..which I've just noticed, on the back page of the same programme..

Apparently he has a beneficial effect on the squad off the pitch...and with the length of contract is there really going to be a measureable saving even if he agreed to a payoff and with potential cup runs I pretty much guarantee he'll get games. This is a classic case of hoying baby out with the bathwater. He isn't part of the ludicrous largesse of the previous regime...he's no Djillibodgi etc etc. Leave the lad alone, he's done nowt wrong apart from get older imho...anyone not guilty of that?

I’ve got some canny moisturiser

Dorian Grey?
He DID age but offset his aging and sinning with a non specified contract with a portrait. Perhaps there is one of our under 18's shuffling around with an extraordinarily enlarged prostate, wondering why his knees hurt so much and music today is just irritating fckn noise!
not for nothing mate, his influence on the young lads in the squad is crackin by all accounts. he lifts the lifting mood left by rosses dour teamtalks
THIS!!

Last edited:
He DID age but offset his aging and sinning with a non specified contract with a portrait. Perhaps there is one of our under 18's shuffling around with an extraordinarily enlarged prostate, wondering why his knees hurt so much and music today is just irritating fckn noise!

THIS!!
Thanks for the updates Charlie.

Back