Glen whelean to villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he's average as fuck and I've always thought that. People are mental if they think he's a better player than Cattermole. I'd be utterly underwhelmed if he was coming here and exactly the type of signing we should be avoiding. Typical Bruce though, he loves hoarding diminutive slow bang average midfielders.

I think he's average as fuck and I've always thought that. People are mental if they think he's a better player than Cattermole. I'd be utterly underwhelmed if he was coming here and exactly the type of signing we should be avoiding. Typical Bruce though, he loves hoarding diminutive slow bang average midfielders.
But better than Gibson and Rodwell. We've lost Larsson and Kirchhoff and only have Cattermole and Ndong who are anyway decent.

Wouldn't be my choice of player, at the same time though we need serious input into this squad and I wouldn't complain if we had of signed him

He's about cattermoles level, however he's better as he's capable of playing a full season catts simply is not, I'll be amazed if he plays more than 30 games this season.

If Boro manage to keep most of the team as it is today, it will be them and villa automatic, will try and find a bookies and do the forecast, it will soften the blow. We will reach playoffs im sure, probably start off slow then finish strongly, ok i have put the crystal ball away.

He's alright when played in a system that suits him. Unfortunately for him he's about to find out that Bruce has no clue how to set up a team and just assembles 11 players and 'motivates' them.

He's about cattermoles level, however he's better as he's capable of playing a full season catts simply is not, I'll be amazed if he plays more than 30 games this season.

Is he shite Cattermoles level. Obviously Cattermole is hardly ever match fit but Whelan is one of those players who games just pass them by. When fully fit Catts can grab a game by its bollocks, win a midfield battle on his own and has a defence splitting pass in his locker. Whelan is another 5 yard pass expert and nothing more. I'd go as far as saying Gibson is a better footballer, but obviously his legs are just shot to bits. Yes we need bodies in but there's no way Whelan would improve our first team by anything measurable enough to justify his Premier league wage.

Is he shite Cattermoles level. Obviously Cattermole is hardly ever match fit but Whelan is one of those players who games just pass them by. When fully fit Catts can grab a game by its bollocks, win a midfield battle on his own and has a defence splitting pass in his locker. Whelan is another 5 yard pass expert and nothing more. I'd go as far as saying Gibson is a better footballer, but obviously his legs are just shot to bits. Yes we need bodies in but there's no way Whelan would improve our first team by anything measurable enough to justify his Premier league wage.

If this was written by a 5 yr old I'd laugh but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back