Glastonbury

Watched The Killers set last night. Fuck me, they're horrible these days. The front man now looks like an American doll to replace Ken and has opted for a kids entertainer approach. Shouting Oh oh oh through the opening song, worra gonk. Looks even more odd that the rest of the band look like hairy truckers.

This.
Balderdash

Been ploughing through the sets all week and there's been a few decent ones. Liam was ok, Tame Impala, 'Low' reminded me a bit of the Swans, that Billie Eilish is clever for a 17 year old.

Comes to summat when i enjoyed Anne Marie's set more then Stormzy's mind. Cure chugged along for what seemed like hours, everytime i was going to turn it off they came up with a pearler, kept me going till the end just about. Seemed like they were trying to cram as many female or LGBT artists as they could to make up some kind of quota when really they should have just picked the BEST acts.

Never been a great Killers fan but there's something special in watching any band at the absolute top of their game, that was the perfect set. Unbelievably polished, loved it.

Got a bit sick of presenters saying they had never seen a crowd like that for Kylie, or maurice Gibb before, or Dolly Parton..the crowds are generally shit compared to decades gone by but thats more down to phones, those stupid flags and peoples inability to just freak out and enjoy stuff anymore.

I haven't been since the 90's but we've registered for the ballot for next year. Cant wait to take a bum bag full of wet wipes, Imodium, rennie and paracetamol. can you still buy plenty of trips and stuff there :)

Back