Glasses

my eyes worsened during work in a call centre. Computer screen and I've got little black floaters in my eyes from that as well.

Worn them since I can remember.. Think there's photos of me with them on as a toddler.. Pretty much like carty.. Varifocals now.. Prescription gets stronger every test. Will just be buying decent binoculars in 5 or 6 years..:lol:

I was 44 but probably should have had them before that.

I was finding small print hard to read, couldn't see the date on my watch, turned the text size to max on my phone.

Aye, time for specs.

I was about 25. I reckon my eyes started to deteriorate when i was sat at work staring at a monitor all day. I'm short sighted so near vision for reading is fine without the goggles but distance is all blurry.

I tell you something, I was mid thirties before I had prescription sun glasses and to see a beautiful sunny blue sky for the first time, clearly was amazing.

do you wear them, if so, when did you know you needed them?

Currently 26 and noticed I'm having to hold my phone closer to my face when reading etc
I was 46 when I started to need them , just for reading and concentrating on the telly or a computer screen. Probably be past 50 before I need to wear them all the time.

Since I was 15. Didn't bother with them much until I started college and couldn't see the number on the bus I needed to get until it was right up close.

Got less bothered about wearing them since my late 20s. They take the edge off my crow's feet now :lol:. Had the same prescription for 20year.

The bairn's 4 and his nursery said he might be colour blind. Took him for an eye test and it turned out the little shit just liked being right when he asked "Is this orange? Is this red?". The opticians noticed he was slightly off in one eye though so he had to get glasses to stop it getting worse. Backfired that mind.

Thought he'd hate it but we let him pick the pairs he wanted and it's harder to get him to take them off when he doesn't need them.

Mid 40's for me - started to have trouble with welding close-up work.
Now some 14 years on, I need them all the time, especially reading.
Curse of the blind welder.:cool:

Got mine when I was 17 the day before me driving test. I was out on my last lesson before the test and my instructor asked if I could read the number plate of “that car over there” to which I replied “what car”:)

Back