Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDGE

Striker
Fancy long Weekend away.Thought Glasgow would be Canny.Never been.

Any recommendations for accommodation and things to do, single adventurer.

Ta.

It's a nice enough city, but not sure how it would hold up to an aimless weekend?

What sort of stuff are you after, I'm heading up there now.

It's a nice enough city, but not sure how it would hold up to an aimless weekend?

What sort of stuff are you after, I'm heading up there now.
A couple of mates have been and say it's better than Edinburgh.Evidently architecture is interesting.As I say I've never been so want to cross it off the list.

A couple of mates have been and say it's better than Edinburgh.Evidently architecture is interesting.As I say I've never been so want to cross it off the list.

Lots of Charles Rennie Mackintosh architecture around. Mackintosh House, which is part of the University of Glasgow, is an interesting place for an hour or two - more about interiors than exteriors though.

Other than that, it's good for museums, food and pubs.

City centre wise - Necropolis and the cathedral, Merchant City, George Square, Equestrian statue (Cone heed), GOMA, Buchanan Street, The Lighthouse,

Along the Clyde you have the Hydro and the SEC, the tall ship and Transport museum.

West End has Kelvingrove Museum, Hunterian Museum and the Uni which is worth a walk around, Byers Road and Ashton Lane.

There's loads of little bits to do, narrow it down a bit.

Yep.Got my butterfly net and blunderbuss sorted.

Got my Celtic top on now in training.
Similarly the parkhead area is canny, you'll sharp make friends if you wear a rangers shirt and drape the union jack over yourself.

City centre wise - Necropolis and the cathedral, Merchant City, George Square, Equestrian statue (Cone heed), GOMA, Buchanan Street, The Lighthouse,

Along the Clyde you have the Hydro and the SEC, the tall ship and Transport museum.

West End has Kelvingrove Museum, Hunterian Museum and the Uni which is worth a walk around, Byers Road and Ashton Lane.

There's loads of little bits to do, narrow it down a bit.
Am up for owt really (well, not quite everything) but the list you've given is comprehensive enough.Ta

Similarly the parkhead area is canny, you'll sharp make friends if you wear a rangers shirt and drape the union jack over yourself.
I'll have to make sure I don't get the colours confused.

Celtic blue
Rangers green.

All you need is love! Me and Tommy in Parkheed.

Last edited:
Edinburgh much better city imho.
Glaswegians weren't the friendliest I found. Rude Bar Staff, suspicious locals and
The woman serving in the chippy actually said to me: "what the fuck ya wantin!":eek:

Ride the Subway. It's got about a dozen stations on a loop.

Have been to the Transport museum and the Science museum and enjoyed both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back