Giz your happy random memories of loving living life

We booked a football road trip 3 nights, 3 different counties, 3 different games.

Picked up from kings x after a few cans on the train, few more on the Mercedes Sprinter bus with unlimited beer, PlayStation and TV we reach Belgium and stop off for the guide to grab another few crates. Get back on the road.

Toto Africa is blasting, the sun is shining the beer is flowing one of our pals is passed out on the back seat. someone has plugged his IPhone charger into the socket at one end and the other end is lodged firmly in his ear.

The rest of the lads are belting the song out.... 3 days of carnage to come

Could have struck me down right then and I would have died the happiest man about!

Going on holiday with the parents and me and my brother having our own room.
14 year old and sneaking out to a night club called Top of the Pops everynight, drinking bottles of bud, playing pool and pulling a few girls well into their 20s.
Felt like we were proper lads, we would have shit ourselves if any of them wanted to buck us like :lol:

Nearly all the time.

Lucky hey.

Anything from coming home from work knowing work has finished and knowing it is a night when there is no housework, nor anything to do and you can just chill, to seeing people you love come home from abroad, to knowing all your work and planning is done and you are off on holiday.

Looking forward to a tasty meal to arriving in a foreign country.

Knowing you are off to sail the ocean.

Knowing it's Saturday tomorrow.

Coming out of the dentist knowing you don't have to go back for six months.

Getting the news you had got a job after being unsuccessful for a while.

Last edited:
Every Saturday night from 1994 until about 2000ish, being, shall we say, under the influence. I remember being in a club one night absolutely swearing that I was going home afterwards to wake my mam up to make her try a pill, to share with her this wonderful feeling. I never did, & it's just as well, because she'd probably have thrown me out.

I love traveling and seeing different cultures, tasting different food etc, but for me I just like getting pleasure from nice day to day experiences. Picking the kids up from school and speaking to the other parents, going out for a few pints, getting good service etc. There’s lots of shite spouted about how society is going down the pan but the vast majority of people are good folks. Went shopping at Asda tonight with my daughter and the girl on the checkout was lovely, chatting away, banter with my daughter, just a nice experience. We can’t be doing amazing things everyday so we should just get pleasure out of our day to day lives. Mind, if the Mrs read this she would have my life cos she thinks I’m a grumpy fucker.

Imagine I was the office boy at Roker Park in 1970 - straight from school. Alan Brown scared the life out of me but I could still talk to him. You just had to be definite when you were with him. I was assistant to Ron Linney by this time.Then Bob Stokoe arrived and it was a different world. I lived in Dawdon and he used to give me a lift home. Travelling to matches with him in the car. Then he said I could go on the team coach to away games. An overnight stay and good company in the hotel. I was 23 it never got better than this professionally. He was a gentleman who had confidence in me to do the job.

Back