Giving blood

I used to do it regular. Caused panic once. Id had a long day, a long drive and was knackered. I was so comfortable I fell asleep in the chair. Everyone thought I had passed out.

Haven't done it since I moved house last year, so time to get back on it I think

the church at dovedale was were I went and was told it was a 90min wait.

Bit shite like when you've took the trouble to make an appointment..10-15 minutes fair enough but 90 minutes..no way..i liked doing it actually..my sister found out she had a thyroid problem through giving blood.

Think I got up to 40 odd donations before I stopped going.

Didnt have problem with the needle, but the last five times I went they were having bother drawing a vein. It started to take longer and longer with filling the bag. The last couple of sessions, it felt like they were mining for coal or something, moving the needle around whilst it was inside my arm, was gritting teeth during the procedure.

Decided to gave the next couple of sessions a miss to see if made a difference, and then they stopped using The Assembly Rooms in Newcastle, which was only a five minute walk from my place of work, and other drop in sessions just couldn’t get to conveniently.

I have a medical condition and have given blood 15 times in the last year. Except they chuck mine away. Worst part is the nurse finding the vein. Twice they have needed 4 goes.

Thats why I stopped. Was made to feel like a knob for donating blood on multiple occasions. Couple of friends have had similar experiences.

I used to get letters off the blood transfusion service asking me to donate because of my blood type..they used to come into our works with a van and you’d donate on there..couple of times I couldn’t get an appointment so I went over with my letter to see if they wanted any and they said no..🤷🏻‍♂️

I used to get letters off the blood transfusion service asking me to donate because of my blood type..they used to come into our works with a van and you’d donate on there..couple of times I couldn’t get an appointment so I went over with my letter to see if they wanted any and they said no..🤷🏻‍♂️

If the above is correct, ring up Barrack Road and ask to speak to priority donations. They will find a slot for you.

Used to quite regularly but booking a slot became such a ballache that I don't bother anymore.
Use to get a letter and turn up donated for over thirty years then it all wen't online and hard to book a appointment, then they stop emailing me so have not been for about three years

Back