Giving blood

It doesn't hurt , I've done it about a dozen times(not all in one go)
Haven't given blood since the nurse dropped the bag when she tried to hang it up and blood went everywhere.
I went about 20 times straight but stopped a couple of years ago when I started being refused as I'd been to dentist for a check up recently, then the next appointment the trainee nurse struggled to get needle in one side so decided to try the other arm instead and one of the senior nurses went ballistic with her and said I was void this time. I had been waiting nearly an hour as well. Then started struggling to get decent appointment times and locations.
I will start again later in the spring maybe

Last edited:

Used to do it but organisation was do unorganised I didn’t have time.over An hour and a half sat around, sometimes.
If it was better I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again

I was never able to give blood because of medications. At one point, my condition meant that I was actually producing too much blood (or red cells) so I used to have a couple of pints removed every month. It couldn't be used for medical purposes so the doctor used to put it on his roses as it was a great fertiliser.

Other ways to get an aids test mind
At least I know I don’t have it, you on the other hand...
Used to do it but organisation was do unorganised I didn’t have time.over An hour and a half sat around, sometimes.
Much better. As above, get the app and book an appointment in three months time. It’s a little hit and miss at the minute as to whether they’ll cancel appointments due to the virus but I’ve not had any cancelled yet.

Last edited:
Got first appointment on Wednesday. Been signed up for over 2 years but with either them cancelling appointments or me being called away with work last minute, never actually been able to donate! Hopefully I’ll get in on Wednesday!
THC in mine so be no good or I would
Makes no difference mate. Unless you’re out your mind when you go for the appointment!

Last edited:
Got first appointment on Wednesday. Been signed up for over 2 years but with either them cancelling appointments or me being called away with work last minute, never actually been able to donate! Hopefully I’ll get in on Wednesday!

Makes no difference mate. Unless you’re out your mind when you go for the appointment!

Did not know that cheers

No waiting around at the minute, not at my last one tho. Always thought it was very organised even when there was a bit of a wait.

First time next week unless my drug use (legal) disallows it.
Does it hurt?

Yes ! I had to be whisked straight off to A&E. Nurse forgot about me lying there, therefore they were taking blood from me for up to an hour instead of the usual 5-10 minutes. Ended up having to get a transfusion of 8 pints myself. ;)

Yes ! I had to be whisked straight off to A&E. Nurse forgot about me lying there, therefore they were taking blood from me for up to an hour instead of the usual 5-10 minutes. Ended up having to get a transfusion of 8 pints myself. ;)
Machine stops at a pint doesn’t it? Unless this was in the 60’s or something.

Must of used a carrier bag instead of a 1 pint blood bag.😉

Going on Friday to barrack road. always go there.
Never had a problem in21 visits.
I would go more regularly if allowed. if they are that short I don't see why I couldn't do once a month.
Ive asked about this but 15 weeks is minimum.
Anyone else feel the same?

Back