Give him a chance !!

Don’t get me started on Alfie. He was a better player every time I saw him. Which admittedly was only half a dozen times. Loved the kid. In fact as we’re thinking of getting a dog.....

Cristian Riveros
Givower. I was whinging like fuck about his lack of pace witnessed during the WC before he even got here. Rabbit away that summer.

I always though Carl Robinson should have had a chance playing in the Premier League. Never got a chance.

Ross Wallace also got bombed out pretty sharpish in the Prem too.

First one was a twat.
Second was thick as fuck. Kept getting booked for taking his shirt off ffs.

David Healy
Paolo Da Silva
Cristian Riveros
Sulley Muntari
Comedy post of the year already.

Patrick Mboma
Bastard was here on holiday man.

With bridges people rightly point to how much of a shame it was for him that he was behind Phillips and Quinn in the first 2 seasons at the SOL

However in the 96/97 season he only played 1 full 90 minutes game (15 subs and subbed off in 9 of his 10 starts) and got 3 goals whereas Kelly (20), Stewart (14) and Howey (8) only got 4 goals between them from 42 full 90 minute appearances.

Should've been used more. Despite him being young, you could see he was f***ing mint
He should’ve been ahead of bloody Dichio.

Last edited:
Givower. I was whinging like fuck about his lack of pace witnessed during the WC before he even got here. Rabbit away that summer.
He wasn't signed for pace marra. I'd say he was signed to sit in front of the back four but he was never really used there so I'm not sure what he was signed for. I'm sure the manager and his renowned network of South American scouts would've identified his attributes well in advance of him signing on the dotted line.

Stevie Bruce; Hoyed money at players from the other side of the world who shit the bed at the North East winter, then wrote them off quicker than the SMB.

Don't know about O'Nien, cause he's come on leaps and bounds since he last played CM for us, IMHO, marra

I agree, I think he's great - I was using him as an example of SAFC playing people out of position rather than a "give him a chance" player - why not put him in the attacking midfield role he prefers when we don't have any better options (as far as I can see)?

Reet , don’t be shy, who do you think didn’t get a fair crack of the whip at Sunderland?

Was Will Buckley that bad ?
Could Sterling have made a difference last season ?
Was Medina ever good enough?
Did O’donavan just need time ?

Mate, most players we buy who don’t make it here either don’t have the bottle or have a shit attitude.

Ability comes third on the list.

Not playing when they had the Ability without either of the former being involved is rare.

Back