Ginger Pirlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had his moments at LB, where if he had wanted it and held the spot down may have progressed but was a limted midfielder who worked hard, laid some decent balls around, but was over-cautious and hit and miss in the tackle. Bottom line is when he left us for the mags he probably increased the average quality of both teams. We did well to get the fee we did and he is now recognised as a dud on Tyneside. Happy with that.

Just seen that Ryan Woods has been called the same.

Can we all take all take a moment to reflect on the time the savage irony directed at Colback on this board was misinterpreted by Hodgson as genuine? And that the piss-crab got selected for the England team purely on that basis? A f***ing astounding effort all round.
Jack Colback was selected for England because Roy Hodgson reads this board?

He looks like a footballer but I never had any idea what he was supposed to be doing when he played in midfield.
You knew he was on the pitch but he wasn't a goal threat going forward and attacking midfield players would just breeze past him.
He didn't like to put a tackle in, was poor in the air and could only see a pass if it was obvious.

He ran around a lot and liked to whinge at referees but had very little effect on games.

I doubt anyone would want to sign him if he wasn't an ex-player at Newcastle.

If he was at Swansea I doubt anyone would have even noticed him tbh.
Generally into positions where his team-mate with the ball could no longer play a pass to him, mind.

Jack Colback was selected for England because Roy Hodgson reads this board?
I always thought it was someone on talkshite who added the 'Ginger Pirlo' tag.

Which would be more worrying: an England manager who read this board or one who listened to that station?

This ......
...... says everything you need to know about Colback.

In one of the biggest games he's ever played in he ambles around like it was a friendly.

He puts in a truly half arsed tackle on Johnson then trots around behind him despite this being a serious threat to Newcastle.

He then follows the ball like a puppy chasing a balloon and totally loses interest in Johnson who's left unmarked to score the winner.

That, in a nutshell, is Jack Colback ....... puts in a tackle badly, backtracks badly, marks badly then watches his team concede another goal.

How people can claim he'd improve our team is baffling, I'd be horrified if we re-signed him.

Deceitful, orange headed, treacherous, snivelling bucket of phlegm-laden snot.

That crippling courtesy of Cattermole was one of the finest moments in football. The crowd were outstanding in letting Colback know how they felt. He looked genuinely traumatised leaving the ground on crutches, like he'd been arse raped by a rugby team.

Catts knew how the fans felt, and he served us like a courageous knight that day. Statue for Catts outside the SoL!
Even better, a statue of the actual moment he executed said crippling...

I think you might be over-extending yourself a tad there mate. A lot of people actually rated piss-flaps before he took Satan's shilling and joined the filth. I remember people saying Colback was a better prospect than Henderson when Hendo was off to the scousers.

And I suspect our Woy has a slightly better eye for a player gleaned over his 463 years in the business than your average keyboard warrior on here. If he talked him up to boost the lad's confidence just before his ill-starred and brief try out in a meaningless England fixture, does it really matter?

Can never remember anyone saying that when he joined liverpool. Remember people saying it when they were both coming through youths and getting appearances here and there. When henderson went to liverpool he had a good run in side and was clearly running away from colback in terms of talent

When he played for us I thought he was a really tidy player, probably adding most because he was playing in a poor team. Was never going to dominate a midfield but always made himself available and did the simple stuff well.

He's been absolutely rotten every time I've seen him play since he left us, mind.

I think you might be over-extending yourself a tad there mate. A lot of people actually rated piss-flaps before he took Satan's shilling and joined the filth. I remember people saying Colback was a better prospect than Henderson when Hendo was off to the scousers.

And I suspect our Woy has a slightly better eye for a player gleaned over his 463 years in the business than your average keyboard warrior on here. If he talked him up to boost the lad's confidence just before his ill-starred and brief try out in a meaningless England fixture, does it really matter?

Hodgson admitted he only used that term as a journalist said it to him and he didn't actually know much about Colback.
For what its worth I'd have Colback back. I couldn't give a toss about who he signed for or whatever. He's hardlys a world beater but he'd surely be an improvement on what we currently have.

Generally into positions where his team-mate with the ball could no longer play a pass to him, mind.

Which would be more worrying: an England manager who read this board or one who listened to that station?
Aye it was Adrian Durham - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed - literally a week later Hodgson called him up citing that people he respected had compared him to a Ginger Pirlo :lol:

All I remember was people saying he was rated as a better prospect when playing for the kids team. But by the time they reached the first team I don't think anyone though Colback was as good anymore. A lot of people though it was hilarious how good the Mags expected him to be, probably based on his performances against them which were by far and away his best performances for us.
This he was bang average in midfield. Remembered for a good marking job on ...? When he played left back.

Hodgson admitted he only used that term as a journalist said it to him and he didn't actually know much about Colback.
For what its worth I'd have Colback back. I couldn't give a toss about who he signed for or whatever. He's hardlys a world beater but he'd surely be an improvement on what we currently have.
He's on 50 big ones a week at the skunks :lol::lol:

Always thought he was a very average player and wouldn't want him back and not because of the mag thing, I just don't think he'd improve the team.
Think he got talked up sometimes just because he came from the youth system

Adrian Durham iirc - started as a tongue in cheek jibe after he had a half decent game for the Mags at the start of the season and got taken too far.

Aye it was Adrian Durham - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed - literally a week later Hodgson called him up citing that people he respected had compared him to a Ginger Pirlo :lol:

bollocks SEB again :lol:

Had his moments at LB, where if he had wanted it and held the spot down may have progressed but was a limted midfielder who worked hard, laid some decent balls around, but was over-cautious and hit and miss in the tackle. Bottom line is when he left us for the mags he probably increased the average quality of both teams. We did well to get the fee we did and he is now recognised as a dud on Tyneside. Happy with that.

Can you remember what the fee was? ;)

Adrian Durham iirc - started as a tongue in cheek jibe after he had a half decent game for the Mags at the start of the season and got taken too far.

bollocks SEB again :lol:

Some of the Mag comments, after that game, were truly hilarious .... 'will push on now, better coaches, with better players, will play regularly.' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back