Ginger Pirlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nilid69

Just seen that Ryan Woods has been called the same.

Can we all take all take a moment to reflect on the time the savage irony directed at Colback on this board was misinterpreted by Hodgson as genuine? And that the piss-crab got selected for the England team purely on that basis? A f***ing astounding effort all round.

I think you might be over-extending yourself a tad there mate. A lot of people actually rated piss-flaps before he took Satan's shilling and joined the filth. I remember people saying Colback was a better prospect than Henderson when Hendo was off to the scousers.

And I suspect our Woy has a slightly better eye for a player gleaned over his 463 years in the business than your average keyboard warrior on here. If he talked him up to boost the lad's confidence just before his ill-starred and brief try out in a meaningless England fixture, does it really matter?

I think you might be over-extending yourself a tad there mate. A lot of people actually rated piss-flaps before he took Satan's shilling and joined the filth. I remember people saying Colback was a better prospect than Henderson when Hendo was off to the scousers.

And I suspect our Woy has a slightly better eye for a player gleaned over his 463 years in the business than your average keyboard warrior on here. If he talked him up to boost the lad's confidence just before his ill-starred and brief try out in a meaningless England fixture, does it really matter?

The same Colback that couldn't get in to a Championship side last season? And was also known as the Crab while here?

I was certainly using it ironically. I mean... he never passed it forward, it's clearly a joke...

The same Colback that couldn't get in to a Championship side last season? And was also known as the Crab while here?

I was certainly using it ironically. I mean... he never passed it forward, it's clearly a joke...
Aye but that was last season when he would have realised he'd made a mistake joining that shower and pissed on his chips as he'll never come back to us or play for a club of stature again. At the time of the ginger Pirlo thing I didn't see what people on here were making a fuss about.

Aye but that was last season when he would have realised he'd made a mistake joining that shower and pissed on his chips as he'll never come back to us or play for a club of stature again. At the time of the ginger Pirlo thing I didn't see what people on here were making a fuss about.

haha, it's nice to think that's why, but I think he was just shit from the off mate!

decent back-up LB in fairness.

:lol:

Not a popular opinion but in his last season for us, Colback was pretty good. England? Maybe not, good enough for us? Absolutely.

Thought he was Shite personally. His last season for us was definitely his best of the bunch as he played regular games

Was a decent player but anyone who thought he was better than Henderson must also own a Guide Dog.

All I remember was people saying he was rated as a better prospect when playing for the kids team. But by the time they reached the first team I don't think anyone though Colback was as good anymore. A lot of people though it was hilarious how good the Mags expected him to be, probably based on his performances against them which were by far and away his best performances for us.

All I remember was people saying he was rated as a better prospect when playing for the kids team. But by the time they reached the first team I don't think anyone though Colback was as good anymore. A lot of people though it was hilarious how good the Mags expected him to be, probably based on his performances against them which were by far and away his best performances for us.

He ran the show for the ressies, when I went a few times.

He looks like a footballer but I never had any idea what he was supposed to be doing when he played in midfield.

You knew he was on the pitch but he wasn't a goal threat going forward and attacking midfield players would just breeze past him.

He didn't like to put a tackle in, was poor in the air and could only see a pass if it was obvious.

He ran around a lot and liked to whinge at referees but had very little effect on games.

I doubt anyone would want to sign him if he wasn't an ex-player at Newcastle.

If he was at Swansea I doubt anyone would have even noticed him tbh.

People can dress it up however they like but apart from a brief spell at left back he was largely poor for us. He had more diabolical games than excellent but the majority were just forgettable because he couldn't or wouldn't impose himself on a match.

He looks like a footballer but I never had any idea what he was supposed to be doing when he played in midfield.

You knew he was on the pitch but he wasn't a goal threat going forward and attacking midfield players would just breeze past him.

He didn't like to put a tackle in, was poor in the air and could only see a pass if it was obvious.

He ran around a lot and liked to whinge at referees but had very little effect on games.

I doubt anyone would want to sign him if he wasn't an ex-player at Newcastle.

If he was at Swansea I doubt anyone would have even noticed him tbh.

He had a piece of invisible rope around 10/15 metres long tied around his waist and staked into the ground at the centre circle no matter where the balls was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back