Gin....

Ok I know nothing about Gin or whats good and not these days.

Got to buy a present for a friend, looking at spending £35 -45 a bottle.

To give you an idea, he lives in Scotland and will be buying me a decent Malt Whisky in return at around that price.

Not interested in fancy flavoured stuff. Just looking for a decent gin-flavoured Gin that (ideally) is obscure or local.

Is the Durham Gin stuff any good?

Ok I know nothing about Gin or whats good and not these days.

Got to buy a present for a friend, looking at spending £35 -45 a bottle.

To give you an idea, he lives in Scotland and will be buying me a decent Malt Whisky in return at around that price.

Not interested in fancy flavoured stuff. Just looking for a decent gin-flavoured Gin that (ideally) is obscure or local.

Is the Durham Gin stuff any good?
Durham gin very good so is Sipsmiths

1.5L bottle of Gordon’s. Seriously though everyone on here will have their own opinions so I’d probably just go for a decent premium brand as it’s likely you’ll not go wrong. Or looking back at the tread that local gin would look like you have a had little thought behind it.

Remember 10 years ago when nobody drank gin. It’ll not be the “in thing” anymore & people will go onto something else instead. Rum bars are the next big thing.

Just means fat lasses buying rounds of bins which take a f***ing age to serve....

Monkey 47 is nice. As a gift Poetic License is a good shout seeing as it's local. Not tried the standard one but their Old Tom gin is nice

Also

Hendricks
Tanqueray No 10
No 3 London Dry Gin

I've heard Brockmans is nice. Plymouth was fine but not worth the extra over the price of Gordon's. Same comment for Bulldog, Martin Miller, and quite a few others.

Had first gin few month ago. Was rotten but was told it was due to the tonic. Had a gin cocktail other night. Beefeater blood orange gin, prosecco and lemonade. Lurvely

Back