Gin....

Post Brexit there will be regular rations of Victory gin on Airstrip One in order to keep the proles subdued. The chocolate ration will be increased from 6 bars to 4 bars. According to the Ministry of Truth anyway.

Last edited:
Unlike whisky, I've always felt there's no great difference in taste/quality in standard gins. Gordon's is as good as any.

Ok I know nothing about Gin or whats good and not these days.

Got to buy a present for a friend, looking at spending £35 -45 a bottle.

To give you an idea, he lives in Scotland and will be buying me a decent Malt Whisky in return at around that price.

Not interested in fancy flavoured stuff. Just looking for a decent gin-flavoured Gin that (ideally) is obscure or local.

Is the Durham Gin stuff any good?

Get him a nice poncey glass to go with it as well.

Does that mean it’s not actually a gin? I thought juniper was the key botanical.
You're correct. Gin must have juniper in it to be called a gin. Botanist does have juniper in it, look it up on their website, they list the botanicals and juniper is listed

Can't agree with that.

Brockmans
Botanist
Sipsmith vjop
Monkey 47
Roku
Hepple

Flavoured ones
Slingsby rhubarb
Nelsons rhubarb and custard

I should explore some of those gins you listed. Do you drink straight or with tonic. If with tonic, which brand?

really nice Gin and unusual as it does not have Juniper in the botanicals
Juniper is the only botanical which is in all gins. The cones of the juniper bush (often referred to as “juniper berries”) are required by legal statute, to be present and perceptible, in order for a spirit to be called gin. Juniper is in 100% of spirits that are designated as gins. 🤔

Back