*^*^*^Gills v Sunderland Match Thread*^*^*^*^

De Boek at wing back never crossed a ball into the box, I can't remember him winning a header or stopping the ball coming into the box and never beat his man once. A truly pathetic performance.
I think he was more secure in defense than Hume was in the Burton game, but he could - and maybe should - have come on to play on the wing.

I thought Gillingham slightly deserved to win. Of course, 'battling' was the very most we could ask for from that woeful team selection.

Slight positives: Wyke improved things, Grigg played well, we matched them in the second half (and, yes, I do know that this is Gillingham we're talking about).

Jack Ross was doing a decent job with what he had at his disposal. The players are frankly a disgrace right now. Clearly not responding to anything the manager has to offer and work done on the training ground - tbh League One footballers shouldn’t need any further motivation than the privilege of doing the job and playing for a great club. This lot are the worst side in a generation.

Back