Gigs ?

As long as your fully vaccinated I'd be going. Life is for living. You never know what might happen. For whatever reason you may not get to see them again and come to regret your decision not to go
“Live for the moment
Fuck the consequences
No one tells me what to do
LiViNg YoUr BeST LiFe etc” Rob good lad.
I think it depends if you are young, fit, healthy and Jabbed, then if you catch it the statistics show you should recover, but for me, it would be a risk, I'm over 60, with some small health issues so I would stay away, I miss going to the match, I won't go anywhere crowded, I think if I caught covid I could be in trouble.
Be absolutely fine out doors imo Steve. Get back to the match & just plan your entry / piss / exit well.

Last edited:
I went to see Paul and Jacqui in early October and was double jabbed and got Covid so bad I was nearly hospitalised and am still not fully recovered. However I’ve had it now, had the booster and I’m ready to take my chances again. Serves me right for seeing Paul and Jacqui some might say.

Been to a shit load since the summer really. Absolutely no bother if you’ve got the pass thingy just business as usual

the way its rattling around everywhere and people testing positive everywhere, I'd just wait until things are better. gigs will still be going on and not worth a risk to your health and other peoples health close to you. 10 days isolation is a long time. im on day 8 and it feels like forever

I went to see Manis St. Preachers at City Hall was fine then Paul n Jackie at o2 was fine then madness at 02 got covid 2 days later so if the catching it 5 days b4 symptoms is correct I didn't catch it at the Madness concert.
The only other feasible place where I could have caught it in the time frame was on the 56 bus going to work n back with all the scum that refuse to wear masks., so just go for it

It's up to you really, only you know the risks to yourself and those around you.
I'd go, but be planning to catch it and not visiting anyone CEV/high risk the 5 days after, unless absolutely necessary.

Do an LFT an hour or so beforehand and all being well go.

Wash ya hands, use sanitisers, hope that everybody else is as sensible as you and enjoy yaself.

Last edited:
Do an LFT an hour or so beforehand and all being well go.

Wash ya hands, use sanitisers, hope that everybody else is as sensible as you and enjoy yaself.
Lol. Think thats a bit part of the issue atm.
Many people arent arsed and are “cRaIcInG oN” as normal having had a bellyfull of covid

Lol. Think thats a bit part of the issue atm.
Many people arent arsed and are “cRaIcInG oN” as normal having had a bellyfull of covid
Probably true, but it's up to the individual.

Ya do ya best and hope others will - if ya triple jabbed you're pretty well protected. It's no good wrapping yaself up in cotton wool. I mean, I was careful in the run up to Christmas as I didn't wanna be isolating Christmas Day, but if ya gonna wind up locked away in the house anyway then what's the point?

We're pretty pro-active with LFTs to try and keep ourselves right and our loved ones safe. I think that should be the way forward for most people. Ya cannot punish yourself for the irresponsibility of others.

I've got it atm, probably from being out on New Years Day, should be free from it early next week, hopefully. Then back to gigs where I can. Problem I've got is cancellations, had tickets for Dropkick Murphys and The Rumjacks (Newcastle and London) and all been cancelled. I'd been humming and harring about The Stranglers but will deffo get tickets now and still looking for standing tickets for SLF, not bothering if only balcony available like there is now.

Went to a few gigs in September/October without any problem and now that I've recovered and boosted I'm practically immune so will be looking at booking some new events up.

Back