Gigs ?

EcosseMackem

Striker
What's the current thoughts on gigs
I'm supposed to be doing 3 nights on the upcoming Stranglers tour - 2 in Glasgow and 1 in Newcastle
The o2 in Glasgow is a typical old school small venue, packed like sardines and poorly ventilated
Currently the Scottish gigs would be off but Sturgeon is reviewing the current regs on the 17th - a week and a half before the 2 gigs
There's every chance that the guidance could change before then and I know that football clubs are confident that they'll be allowed crowds back after the 17th
In my opinion outdoor football grounds are probably safer than gig venues
I can't help thinking that I'd be asking for trouble going to the gigs and I'd be happier if they were postponed until the case numbers are a lot lower
How does anyone else feel about gigs just now

I'm supposed to be doing 3 nights on the upcoming Stranglers tour - 2 in Glasgow and 1 in Newcastle
The o2 in Glasgow is a typical old school small venue, packed like sardines and poorly ventilated
Currently the Scottish gigs would be off but Sturgeon is reviewing the current regs on the 17th - a week and a half before the 2 gigs
There's every chance that the guidance could change before then and I know that football clubs are confident that they'll be allowed crowds back after the 17th
I can't help thinking that I'd be asking for trouble going to the gigs and I'd be happier if they were postponed until the case numbers are a lot lower
did china crisis in aberdour, mid december, only about 100 there, smallish hall, came back with sore throat, cough etc, but tested negative after 4 or 5 tests over 10 day period. Still not convinced didnt have it .
Saw waterboys in November at Sage gateshead, all went fine ( all seated ) and plenty of space.
Defo agree football lot safer than gigs.
If you asked me to do the gigs again with same outcome (triple jabbed ) I would

I'm CEV and went to two gigs at the end of Nov and beginning of Dec. One in the City Hall and one in the O2 in Newcastle.

You had to show a covid passport to get in. We didn't go into the scrum right at the front of the stage as I felt safer standing further back where it was not as rammed. Still had a good time though.

I really want to go but I'm under no illusions that I would stand a very high chance of catching it while there
The feeling is that Sturgeon will lift the current restrictions on the 17th

I really want to go but I'm under no illusions that I would stand a very high chance of catching it while there
The feeling is that Sturgeon will lift the current restrictions on the 17th
noticed ' celtic connections ' have cancelled a few gigs in glasgow pending announcement as no guarantee what she's going to do.

Just go, unless you or someone close is vulnerable. I'm quite cautious as my dad isn't in the best of health and I worry about passing it on to him but I've not become a hermit.

My wife is technically vulnerable but we’re both triple jagged
It will probably be my last chances to see JJB in action - he’s been my hero for 45 years
On the other hand it could be the last gigs I ever go to

I think it depends if you are young, fit, healthy and Jabbed, then if you catch it the statistics show you should recover, but for me, it would be a risk, I'm over 60, with some small health issues so I would stay away, I miss going to the match, I won't go anywhere crowded, I think if I caught covid I could be in trouble.

I went to see Fontaines DC at the Barrowlands back in October. It was rammed. I don't know if it was luck or the fact everyone was vaccinated (they were checking the passports outside) but I didn't get it. If you've been vaccinated, boosted and are in good health I'd probably just go.

I went to see Fontaines DC at the Barrowlands back in October. It was rammed. I don't know if it was luck or the fact everyone was vaccinated (they were checking the passports outside) but I didn't get it. If you've been vaccinated, boosted and are in good health I'd probably just go.
The Barras is even more of a sardine can than the o2
I'm starting to come round to the idea of fk it and take my chances
There may be a possibility of the Scottish gigs being postponed but the English ones go ahead
The extra 3 weeks between Glasgow and Newcastle might be enough for me to feel more comfortable
Sturgeon might just hold the key for me

I'm going to the ones we have booked in, but you have to do what is right for you.

I went out twice over Christmas to the match and the pub for 2 hours. Got covid on Tuesday. Had a bad couple of days but thankfully appear on the mend.

I had contemplated not going out, both times mind due to the current situation.

Back